SigmaTel Audio/Intel 945 Chipset

JDS300

I'm in the process of setting up an image to use at work, and can get everything install and deteced except the audio drivers. It's list as SigmaTel High Defination on the Intel 945 Chipset Motherboard. I tried the drivers from the DriverPack, but Windows couldn't see to find anything that it liked.

Anyone have any other ideas?

I agree.. while I have seen some Sigmatel here and there, I think most 945 based motherboards I've ever seen use RealTek HDA. If the driver's did not install correctly, in other words you have a yellow exclamation in device manager by the description of the device (which presumable reads "SigmaTel"), that does not necessarily mean that it is indeed a SigmaTel. I think that sometimes when Windows is unable to find an exact match for a device, it makes a "best effort" to get the device up and running with a close driver. And this does not always yield accurate results.

I've had this happen to me in the past and I spent hours chasing my own tail thinking a device was "sound card ABC" when in fact it was "sound card XYZ."