WINNT.SIF Problems?

bartgrefte, this is from ref.chm

DefaultHide

Specifies that answers in the answer file are defaults. Unlike UnattendMode = ProvideDefault, Setup does not display the user interface to end users if you specify in the answer file all the answers relating to a particular Setup page. If you specify only subsets of the answers on a page, the page appears with the provided answers. The end user can modify any of the answers on the displayed page.

Use UnattendMode = DefaultHide in deployment scenarios where an administrator might want only end users to provide the administrator password on the computer. This behavior is the default if you do not specify unattended mode.

FullUnattended

Specifies a fully unattended GUI-mode Setup. If you do not specify a required Setup answer in the answer file, Setup generates an error.

During an attended Setup, improperly signed hardware drivers generate a warning dialog box. If UnattendMode = FullUnattended, then Setup does not install hardware drivers unless they are properly signed.

Use UnattendMode = FullUnattended in deployment scenarios where you require a complete unattended installation.

I suggest you to try with UnattendMode = DefaultHide

I was also getting some errors with UnattendMode = FullUnattended

Your installation won't stop if you have all answers, no matter if you using FullUnattended or DefaultHide

Trying with that modification now.

But how come it worked when I downloaded and integrated all hotfixes separatly?

Problem started when I switched to post sp2 updatepack...

"Your installation won't stop if you have all answers, no matter if you using FullUnattended or DefaultHide"

What do you mean with it won't stop? Stop on error you mean?

edit: getting an error (security alert) at T-29:

driversoftware not properly signed with authenticode technology.

installed inf does not contain digitail signature information.

do you wan't to install the driver: yes/no/more info(which doesn't work, nothing appears)

I clicked yes, see what happens.

At t-22 again, same message.

Edited by bartgrefte

"Your installation won't stop if you have all answers, no matter if you using FullUnattended or DefaultHide"

What do you mean with it won't stop? Stop on error you mean?

I was meaning about full unattended mode, if you have all answers in winnt.sif, then installation process don't stop for example at regional settings screen. That's why is the same if you using FullUnattended or DefaultHide, like as I said, I was getting errors with FullUnattended switch.

Okay.

Anyway, installation works now :D , but had to click yes twice for those security alerts, what to do about that?

edit: removed NonDriverSigningPolicy = Ignore, now it continues.

After installing, hope it goes okay again, see if sigverif can find the troublemakers.

Edited by bartgrefte

Okay.

Anyway, installation works now :D , but had to click yes twice for those security alerts, what to do about that?

Do you have integrated some drivers pack besides 5eraphs updates pack?

I don't have that driver signing warnings

But now you know what caused your error @T-13 --> in FullUnattended mode this drivers wasn't installed and that caused error @T-13

once again from ref.chm

FullUnattended

During an attended Setup, improperly signed hardware drivers generate a warning dialog box. If UnattendMode = FullUnattended, then Setup does not install hardware drivers unless they are properly signed.

now you must discover from where are those unsigned drivers, I doubt they're in 5eraphs update pack because I don't get those errors

See my edit in previous post.

I didn't add any drivers. Only post sp2 updatepack, IE8 and WMP11 with Boooggy's slipstreamer for wmp.

once again from ref.chm
FullUnattended

now you must discover from where are those unsigned drivers, I doubt they're in 5eraphs update pack because I don't get those errors

Yeah I know, but I had the option ignore for that (don't know why) in the winnt.sif.

With that other line beneath it, see edit previous post, apparantly didn't work anymore?!

edit: installation succesfull, without those alerts. Now running sigverif.

Edit2: no unsigned files....

Edited by bartgrefte