Nlite RC4 + RyanVM update pack 2.0.1 = Stop error

frenchy75

Hey,

I hadn't use Nlite for a few months and just downloaded the latest version along wth Ryan update pack.

With those versions I get a Stop error (Process1_Initialization_Failed) at the very beginning of the setup process when it start windows...

If I take Ryan pack out, it works...

I did loock at the package and it is not corrupted (correct MD5 hasch).

Any one got this?

Thanks

:blink:

Well, it looks even worst than I thought!

If I add another addon I get an error on the

[sourceDisksFiles] part of txtsetup.sif.

If I use no addons it get further to the "preparing installation" step where it stop with "sxs.dll: syntax error in manifest or policy file d:\i386\asms\1000\msft\windows\gdiplus\gdiplus.man online 4".

Thanks for your help!

:}

session.ini

On a similar thread I have an error where I think i used nLite RC 2 and used the Ryanvm pack a while back and got an error when updating Win XP through automatic updates. I think ryan pack had some problems then...I was wondering if anyone knows a workaround to that problem. I mean everything works except when it does not update with the ryan pack. It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.

Well, it looks even worst than I thought!

If I add another addon I get an error on the

[sourceDisksFiles] part of txtsetup.sif.

If I use no addons it get further to the "preparing installation" step where it stop with "sxs.dll: syntax error in manifest or policy file d:\i386\asms\1000\msft\windows\gdiplus\gdiplus.man online 4".

Thanks for your help!

:}

i've had the same problem on a xp pro install after nLite..

my sister wanted me to make a slimmed version of her xp, but it seems it won't work with it for some reason..

nLite says Xp Pro Build 0.. :}

one thing i noticed was:

the files in the i386\asms\1000\msft\windows\gdiplus\ directory is not cabbed before nLiting but they are cabbed after.. un-cab them seems to work for that "Line 4 in gdiplus.man" error but i get a BSOD later on..

i would like to have a solution for this too..

:)

Thanks Nuhi, but as Fork18 said it still BSOD later on... back to my initial list of issues:

- RVM update pack = BSOD at the very beginning

- any other udate pack = error on the [sourceDisksFiles] part of txtsetup.sif

- no pack = error on the gdiplus been cab and BSOD later on

Still no way to use Nlite RC4, I don't have my old version from last year but never had so many problems then!!!

:(

Edited by frenchy75

RogueSpear, that's the weird part, it works for majority but there are very few people with this gdiplus problem and problems are always louder.

frenchy75, bsods are probably because there are many files that are compressed in that ASMS folder, not just that gdiplus subfolder.

Why not simply use nlite AFTER integration of RVM pack with Siginet Integrator, also found on Ryan's page...at least until this is fixed for your case.

i tried to un-cab all of the files in the asms folder but with no luck.. still got the BSOD later on..

the disc i'm using is a clean xp pro with no service pack's..

i'm not using any update packs or addons..

nLite is working fine on my own xp home oem disc.. weird thing..

i'll do some more testing and see if i can figure out something..

:)

• 7 months later...
"sxs.dll: syntax error in manifest or policy file d:\i386\asms\1000\msft\windows\gdiplus\gdiplus.man online 4".

@ nuhi - I just ran into this again, with nLite v1.0.1 Final. What's up with it?