"network cable unplugged"

sunny747

HI,

i'm using xp os with service pack 2. i've a pci network adaptor which is connected to adsl modem. Even though it is plugged in, still led light is not lighting. My connection, cable and rj45 jack is alright coz i have checked out with my laptop. ANd i bought new pci lan card which is okie as well since i tested it b4 i bought it.

any idea how to fix it?

HI,

i'm using xp os with service pack 2. i've a pci network adaptor which is connected to adsl modem. Even though it is plugged in, still led light is not lighting. My connection, cable and rj45 jack is alright coz i have checked out with my laptop. ANd i bought new pci lan card which is okie as well since i tested it b4 i bought it.

any idea how to fix it?

May be check your Cat5 cable crimping.

HI,

any idea how to fix it?

May be check your Cat5 cable crimping.

THanks for your post.....i guess it is alright coz i manage to make it work ...i could use internet vie my lan card....only after hookin rj45 jack in different position.....works fine...but .........when i shutdown/restart my computer, net doesn't work anymore......no led light at the back of NIC.."network cable unplugged" pops up..:(...i didn't even move the rj45 jack.....it is in the same position.......then again i have to spend another hour to put the jack in proper position to make it connect......wierd....so somehow i can make the led light on...but if i shutdown, same story..

any solution?

When troubleshooting a problem like this, remember to check both ends of the cable for any problems. And sometimes for the not so obvious. Did the user accidentally disable the network connection in Windows? Are you plugged in to a managed switch and for whatever reason the port on the other end has been disabled? I've run into both of these things before, and it's only with experience that I've built up a mental checklist of both the obvious and the truly strange.