.NET Framework v1.0-SP3 and v1.1-SP1

codejunkie

I have been trying to install all 3 version of the .NET Framework on to one PC

I created a slipstreamed version of v1.0 but Visual Studio 2002 doesnt reconize it to be installed and also after installing it v1.1 (RyanVMs slipstreamed version) just errors straight away same with standard installer with nothing intergrated

should I install v1.0 then install v1.1 then 1.0-SP3 then v1.1-SP1 and then v2.0? or will this NEVER work?

at the moment I am creating SFX for each version excluding v2.0 with the main Redistributables exe and the latest SP update.

any help would be great!

• 7 months later...

Hi codejunkie,

I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro video card. When I do Unattended installation the best Catalyst driver version I can use is 5.6 The newer ATI driver versions, require .NET Framework 1.1 to be installed prior to installing the drivers. I also use VS7 which uses .NET Framework 1.0 In an attempt to kill two birds with one stone, I have created a Windows Script Package that uses 7-Zip "Command Line Version" and the scripts make a self-extracting executable file that include .NET Framework 1.0, Service Pack 3, and ASP.NET Security Update for Service Pack 3. This file is 11.1MB. I haven't gotten around to testing it in the pre-install environment, but it should work fine. My strategey is quite similar to your question. I plan on adding version 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 into the unattended installation. 1.0 is for VS7, 1.1 for ATI newer drivers during unattend install. 2.0 and 3.0 will follow suit. This may be a start for your dilemna as well.

I do need help with some of the 7-Zip "Command Lines" in this script for x64 Windows 64-bit

Also, any corrections or criticism on the scripts would be wecome. Hoping VS7 detects this version of 1.0, I'll let you know.

N66FC Raptor aka Rob

No luck .. same boat .. .NET 1.0 > VS7 > .NET 1.1 > .NET 1.0 SP3 SU3 > .NET 1.1 SP1 visit http://kgz.shawbiz.ca/tutorials/7zip/net10sp3.html

Edited by N66FC Raptor