XPlode 4.3 Series

Persoanlly I expect it to at least come up with default dialogue with some default programs for showcase reasons. Now just to "feel" the interface I need to read huge doc governing mainly XML commands.

Exactly, that program went straight to the recycle bin

Persoanlly I expect it to at least come up with default dialogue with some default programs for showcase reasons. Now just to "feel" the interface I need to read huge doc governing mainly XML commands.

Exactly, that program went straight to the recycle bin

@reyna12, @Steam Trout

I hope you two realise that, in doing so, it is your fault that you're unable to use the program, because you cannot be bothered figuring out how to use it. This is aimed at netadmins who, in theory, have the patience to research and discover the best possible option for what they need to do. The program itself is quite powerful - if you want to learn how to use it.

Don't blame me, or the program, for your own impatience.

@Everyone

Please keep the rest of this thread to constructive comments. Things like "Exactly, that program went straight to the recycle bin" doesn't help anyone.

@reyna12, @Steam Trout

cmon guys! give it a chance. its cool! thats the first time ı ve seen a xml file but ı think ı began to understand. : :thumbup forget the documentation for now and just analyze the sample xmls! ı know it would be great if there was a better explanation and tutorial! but u can handle it anyway! :w00t: at last ı could get rid of that stupid guirunonce and command prompt! :lol:

@jcrsantiago - Read what Wraith said above and what he's written in the PDF files. The information on how to use XPlode is all there. You just have to take the time to learn it.

@all newbies - The fact that the setup files are in XML format makes things a LOT easier to maintain. Download Notepad++ and open one of the XML files provided. Play around a bit with clicking around in N++ and you'll see what I mean. Not to mention that XPlode does a lot of the dirty work in XP setups for you.

@Wraith - Any chance of the wiki being revived? I'll probably add to it now and then. :)

@Zxian

I'm in the process of doing XPlode5 - the documentation for each of the plugins are embedded within the plugins themselves, so I'll be regenerating documentation for them whenever anything gets changed.

The rest of the documentation was going to be pulled directly from the PDF - if you have any changes or suggestions, email me and I'll see what I can do.

@everyone

I had hoped for an XPlode5 release at the beginning of this week, but it got pushed back because of commitments. I had hoped to work on it this weekend, but the same thing has happened. I hope that it'll be ready within the next couple of weeks, but I'm not going to set a date in stone.

Will keep everyone updated.

why not add some functions like WPI that when no XP CD found in CDROM,XPlode will install apps from local hard drive. The apps path can be a parent folder relative to XPlode by default. So users can use xplode install apps either in UA XP setup or in an installed Windows..

Install from cdrom using Xplode is not that hard, here's my way:

the tree of the XPCD is

$OEM$
$1
$$
$Docs
Cmdlines.txt
I386
XPlode
XPlode.cmd
Xplode.exe
T12.xml
RunOnceEx.xml
XPlode-GFXinstall.xml
Software
WIN51
WIN51IP
win51ip.SP2

In Cmdlines.txt,use a relative path to launch XPlode

[COMMANDS]
"..\XPlode\XPlode.cmd"

XPlode.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@ECHO off
Set T12Inst=true
::get current script directory and strip the trailing slash
set zpath=%~dp0
set zpath=%zpath:~0,-2%
start "" /wait "%zpath%\XPlode.exe" /xml:"#XPLODE#\XPlode-GFXinstall.xml" /log:"#SYSTEMDRIVE#\T12.log"

The "T12Inst" environment variable is used by XPlode-GFXinstall.xml to determine which xml should be included

XPlode-GFXinstall.xml item include section

<!-- include the items list -->
<include file="#XPLODE#\T12.xml" condition="'#T12Inst#' == 'true'"/>
<include file="#XPLODE#\RunOnceEx.xml" condition="'#T12Inst#' != 'true'"/>

At the last of T12.xml,add

<item display="Add Entries into RunOnceEx">
<execute display="Applying ...">
<program>reg</program>
<arguments>add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx /v TITLE /d "Installing Applications" /f</arguments>
<hide>true</hide>
</execute>
<program>reg</program>
<arguments>add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\001 /ve /d "Launching XPlode ..." /f</arguments>
<hide>true</hide>
</execute>
<program>reg</program>
<arguments>add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\001 /v 1 /d "#XPLODE#\XPlode.exe /xml:\"#XPLODE#\XPlode-GFXinstall.xml\" /log:\"#SYSTEMDRIVE#\RunOnceEx.log\"" /f</arguments>
<hide>true</hide>
</execute>
</item>

Ok, the relative path in Xplode.cmd doesn't seem to work, post has been modified.

Edited by Rico.JohnnY

if you use this line; "start /wait XPlode.exe /xml:"#XPLODE#\XPlode-GFXinstall.xml" /log:"#SYSTEMDRIVE#\T12.log" , how can u install from cd? coz as my knowledge "start /wait XPlode.exe" directly means "c:\install\explode.exe" :}