[Help] - servics needed for network (LAN) functioning

_Ramirez_

I've disabed many services acording to black vipers advice. I used something between safe and internet gateway (power user) preset. My cable net is working but when i enter IP manualy in order to use my home network i can't "see" the other mashine. workgroup is empty, and it worked a day ago while services were enabled...

It wasn't running but my network still doesn't work if I enable it. I noticed that Computer Browser depends on Server service and I know for sure that this service was disabled while my LAN worked. So it's not any of these services! Any more ideas?

I've disabed many services acording to black vipers advice.
I question "advice" like this at times
My cable net is working but when i enter IP manualy in order to use my home network i can't "see" the other mashine. workgroup is empty, and it worked a day ago while services were enabled...
Have you tried reverting back to a "last known good" configuration?

Did you document the changes you made?

If you go into Entire Network do you see nothing at all, or you see the workgroup but when you try to open it you get an error, or it opens okay but is completely empty?

The "Client for Microsoft Networks" is required to see network resources on other computers in a workgroup or Domain environment, and the "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" (and the Server service) is required for your machine to be visible in the workgroup or Domain - check both of these are enabled on your NIC properties.

Workstation service is required.

Network Location Awareness, Network Connections, DNS Client, DHCP Client, Computer Browser services can also affect efficiency and functionality of Windows networks.

If possible, I would try to revert to the previous configuration which worked, or try to figure out what was done and undo it to get back to a working state.

Taking a system state backup before making such changes in the future would be advisable.

For actual services, you need the "Server" service enabled for inbound connections to work, and "Workstation" service for outbound connections to work. You also need the RPC service functioning to make SMB connections outbound if there's ANY security restrictions in place, and you'll likely need the "Computer Browser" service enabled if you want network browsing to work.