lan internet sharing

nitroshift

Hello people!

I have got a motherboard with 2 network cards onboard, one of which provides access to the internet through DHCP from my ISP. Having a small home network with fixed IP addresses on the other network card, I want to know how can I share the internet connection with the other computer without using a router. Should anyone have a clue please help me. Thanks.

PS. I tried bridging them but my ISP doesn't recognise the bridge :realmad:

The cable used for Ethernet is CAT5e(at least, is should be!), and the Jack is RJ45.

Like FAT64 said, you just need a crossover cable, however, I would advise getting a simple SWITCH. This way, even if your home network grows, your still able to share the Internet Connection to 4+ (depending on the switch) computers with no futher work.

Just plug and play! :D

hi again!

i've done all that (crossover cable, switch - by the way it's an ASUS switch) and it won't work. let me tell you the details: i get the IP on the first network card from the ISP through DHCP (but i know it) and the home network has the usual 192.168 range IP's. I gave the second computer the IP 192.168.0.2 and my computer the IP 192.168.0.1 but i don't know how to configure them so the second computer connects through mine. could you please help me what i have to do as my older daughter who "owns" the second computer is pi**ing me to do it? THANKS!!! :}

ICS installs a mini DHCP server on the machine with the Internet connection, it will by default give that machine an IP address of 192.168.0.1 and any clients 192.168.0.2..254.

ICS is under "Network Tasks" after you click on My Network Places - I think. :wacko: