[Help] - Folder opening problem

MDVill

:realmad: This really annoys me!!! I have a Windows XP Computer where I work that is hooked up to an old computer switch. Everything works out fine with the booting up sequence, but when I try to open any type of folder...that is when it messes up. The window doesn't even load up for a second when it starts to maximize and minimize over and over again. It never stops! Once I "catch" it by clicking a bunch of times on the window to catchit maximized, it just minimizes and stays that way. If anyone has any reccomendations, please tell me.

I really need help with this one...oh yea, and if I open up a program...it opens up fine.

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Edited by Zxian

Have you run sfc /scannow on the machine, and made sure your drivers are of the latest version (especially input and video drivers)? It sounds like an issue with either explorer.exe or shell32.exe, both of which would be replaced with drivers from the original installation source when you run sfc /scannow from a command prompt.

Have you run sfc /scannow on the machine, and made sure your drivers are of the latest version (especially input and video drivers)? It sounds like an issue with either explorer.exe or shell32.exe, both of which would be replaced with drivers from the original installation source when you run sfc /scannow from a command prompt.

Yes, I would try this first, plus run virus and spyware scans--this is definately odd behavior. You said this computer is at work, so if you work for a large company and are not a local admin and don't have the XP install CD, you may have to contact the network admin (which should take care of this problem for you anyway), but if you are doing your own administration, this is what I would try.