Unofficial SP2.1a italian version

maninabox

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Many thanks to Hmd user who take webspace for upload italian sp2.1a.

Now there is only homepage. I have send sp2.1a yesterday to Hmd. I think download link come soon. :hello:

http://ornithology.6deex.net/98/

Any suggestion it' s welcome.

:whistle: no problem!

now we have small community where to expose the own problems, ideas and other

http://ornithology.6deex.net/forums/index.php?showforum=15

Bye :hello::P

Great work, but I had some trouble...

Just tried yesterday: system greatly f*cked up (thanks god I had a recent backup of almost everything, and a good "formattone salvifico" was in skedule, so it was not a big trouble for me).

After the upgrade (I selected only the "critical updates and fixes" module to install) I saw only the screen wallpaper: no status bar on the bottom (it appears briefly only for a second after login, then disappears), no desktop icons, no active tasks to kill (after pressing ctrl-alt-canc the only thing I see is a blank list instead of the usual list of active processes).

If it could help the previous release gave me no similar problem.

BTW, there's another thing, just a small cosmetic one: if I press F8 during boot to start in dos mode the usual italian menu has been replaced by the equivalent english one...

Edited by Thalon

I know that the menu F8 is in english (there isn't or i haven't found italian version of file).

I have tried service pack on my pc and on notebook's friend without problems where previous release make some.

Have you installed on italian windows98se? :P

Try to follow the install instructions by Gape:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=38193

Some steps are optionals.

Have you installed on italian windows98se? :P

Of course, I have the correct OS (98se italian, rel. 4.10.2222A), I also looked the message you suggested: the install order was almost the same.

I will try to install the SP on a clean windows install (only the OS with updated drivers for every hardware, without any other extra software) to see if the problem persist.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but could the problems I mentioned be related to explorer.exe? If I remember correctly that file is an essential part of the OS that controls all the things (start menu, icons, tasks) that were compromised after my recent upgrade...

Edited by Thalon

Maybe shell32.dll could be the problem. Try to made fresh install before pls. :yes:

Ok, I just tried a fresh install (only the OS without any extra software), then installed the SP: same result as before (nothing onscreen), but this time I recieved a "pagefault error" on explorer.exe (I'm sorry I couldn't copy and paste here, but the only option available was to format again the HD and restore a previous backup).

I tried to replace explorer with the original version inside 98se's CD with success, but the problem wasn't solved...

I think i should give up now :-(