3DMARK05

ripken204

post you 3DMARK05 scores, please include what video card you have and what it is currently clocked at

i have an evga 7800gt overclocked to 485/1252 and temps are about 38/65

was originally 460/1100

3d_8112.JPG

Edited by ripken204

I dont generally like the 3d mark contests because the tests dont accurately reflect the current crop of games.

First the specs then the scores. Everything is stock speeds btw, I dont overclock.

specs:

AMD Venice 3000

ATI 9800 Pro 128MB

1GB Corsair XMS PC3200

Shuttle XPC SN95G5 v3

score:

3Dmark05 Score:

Game Tests 3DMark Score: 1010

CPU Tests CPU Score: 982

When i built this machine for myself i made sure it would be able to play my most demanding game with the settings i wanted, namely UT2004 with Highest Settings on 1280x1024 which it accomplishes. I went cheap on the cpu because i knew that i could always buy a better one later. Im not upgrading it for a while because i see no reason to. But i would like to get opinions on what would be the best Socket 939 CPU and AGP card for this system? And where you think my pc's weakpoint is (my guess the cpu)?

Edited by DigeratiPrime

well everything is upgradable. 2gigs or ram is ideal. a dual core cpu would be nice but unnecessary for the time being. for the vid card a 7800gt like what i have is what you should be looking at.

well its a late reply, but i looked into the 7800gt and i dont think anyone has made an agp version yet.

Two interesting cards i saw were the passive cooled 6800 and X800XL both from gigabyte.

• 2 weeks later...
5625- http://service.futuremark.com/servlet/Inde...&projectType=12

i have since started to oc this stuff but thats stock:

3000+ a64 venice @ 2.4(266*9) (stock in this runing)

dfi nf3 ultra-d 711 bios

1gb pqi value ram (in 2*512)

x800 xt All In Wonder(500/500) currently awaiting zalaman vf-700cu

With that setup you should be scoring 6200+ easily. Make sure you have the latest drivers and not running 50+ processes in the background.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Both the CPU and VGA processor doesn't go above 35 degrees Celsius during 3DMark :). I can't get below this temp even with my fans at full (currently at half speed).

3dmark1ft.th.jpg

And this is with the processor at the stock 1800MHz with one of the cores disabled. I'll try to break 10K when I get some time.

And Ripken, I don't see your pics :P.

Edited by Aegis