Windows Server 2003 & Audio Problems

I've just installed Windows Server 2003 and used the MSFN guide to turning into a useful workstation, which was very helpful. So I have the Windows Audio service running, as specified, before anyone says anything.

I had to do a bit of searching for my network card drivers, so that's no problem - but I'm still having problems with my soundcard. Here's the spec:

Creative AudioPCI (ES137, ES1373) (Ensoniq) (WDM)

Now, I've had a few issues with certain drivers. Sometimes I get a blue screen of death after logging in, so I have to go into safe mode and disable the soundcard. Sometimes sound works, but is noticeably choppy in games (such as counter-strike), sometimes is works for a second (in games) and then cuts out.

Any ideas why? And any way around this? Has anyone else has a similar problem with a similar card?

Thanks.

Move the sound card to a different PCI slot. Usually the one furtherest away from the CPU. Sometimes the Creative cards have to jockeyed around the different slots with W2K3 Server. Use the original drivers that came with the card to install.

Here is a link and a user comments that might help as well:

http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/88/88810.htm

Comments: I tried in vain to find a driver for this device to no avail. I found, by chance, the original CD for W9x and NT. I tried it on Windows 2000 and it worked like a charm. I seperated the CTRUN files, zipped them, uninstalled the drivers from the CD, & reinstalled the unzipped files after rebooting. I pointed the driver search to the file I created for the unzipped files. The folder does have CTRUN.exe but I didn't try that. The inf file is called CTRUN.inf. Good luck. Email me if you have any problems. This driver should also work on PCI64 and 128.

Since your Ensoniq ES1370 Audio PCI drivers work with Win2K and this worked for this user it may work for you.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it works out.

Welcome to MSFN :)

I'm having troubles uninstalling the existing drivers. It just automatically (once I've rebooted) reinstalls the drivers I previously uninstalled without asking me which drivers to choose.

And the drivers you suggested don't work (failed to install when I right clicked the .inf file -> install).

Thanks anyway, and thank you for welcoming me to the forums :)

I'm havin a v similar problem......

i have a cmi on board sound board and i've tried the drivers that came bundled and the last ones from msi site and wiv the MSI ones it shows a BSOD just after finishing instalation and with the older ones it just doesnt start the service of the board

PLZ HELP ME!!!