Will Vista really be released in 2006?

Link21

That list view sucks. I was able to get that view, that's considered list? #1 it's vertical not horizontal. People read from left to right, not up to down. So a natural look would be horizontal. #2 there are only two columns. No good.

It doesn't "suck" it is just different. Explorer draws more columns as you stretch the window.

Does it matter if we read left-to-right if we're reading columns which are top-to-bottom?

I maximized the window, still only two columns. It's not as efficient so to speak as the current list.

sadly with every OS make it dos5.0 to win3.1 to win95a,b win98, win98se, winme, winxp home/pro, winnt3.x, winnt,4.x, win2003 and now vista and longhorn on the way.

vista will be winxp/2003 with all its updates with extra featers added to vista and vista will have its own set of new bugs plus some old bugs from xp / 2003.

i just hope they auto include more advance features that may be found in a server os compared to a current standard home os. from secuirty to applications to feature wise.

Vista coding is supposed 2 start frm scratch (i read so somewhere)

so there willbe oly new vista bugs ,no XP/2K3 :-)

Incorrect. Vista is based on Win 2k3 SP1 code just like Windows XP 64 bit is. So there will be bugs but I am hoping less because they had a very solid baseline to start from. I just hope all the avalon and the presentation foundation crap they added is not full of security holes. And also just because Vista is implementing UNIX style security is not going to protect end users unles they DO use that feature. I hae seen a disturbing trend where the beta testers are turning that feature off....stupid really come to think about it. MS is getting flak for morons.