Not sure what I'm looking for...

Daemonforce

I've been looking around for a tool that can get WinPE to function as if it had temporary write access to disc. Identical to that of a Knoppix release. From what I've found, ramdisk is effective for making virtual drives and editing the setup information to make the PE disc a virtual directory sounds a bit iffy. Is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do or is this why everyone is using ramdisk?

I might look into it since I hear so many good things about it. I doubt it's anywhere different to what I'm doing though. =/

Does it have "write" access to the CD when booting? ;)

I'm starting to think I should just move the profiles directory to a virtual drive. =/

XP Embedded includes a driver, called the Embedded Write Filter - or EWF for short. To anything running on the system, it makes it look as if the drive is writable. Given that a CD/DVD or ROM (which Embedded can also run from) are read-only, the EWF allows you to add components that need RW capability and trick them into thinking they are on a hard disk.

XP Embedded includes a driver, called the Embedded Write Filter - or EWF for short. To anything running on the system, it makes it look as if the drive is writable. Given that a CD/DVD or ROM (which Embedded can also run from) are read-only, the EWF allows you to add components that need RW capability and trick them into thinking they are on a hard disk.

Sweet...EWF for the win.... :lol:

I'm sure it exists somewhere in Longhorn as well....

Any idea how I can add this function?