Dual Boot with Win98SE

blam83

I have installed WinXP on my ONLY NTFS partition. Now I want to dual boot with Win98SE but with WinXP as the first choice.

How can I do this ?

Is it possible for me to use like partition magic to divide my ONLY existing partition into 2. Format the new partition in FAT32.

Then do I just run Win98 Setup in WinXP and let XP do the work?

Thanks

Run this by me again........

what patitions have you allready got...?

If you allready had win98 running then you installed XP on another partition you should have the option to boot from both....

Go into the system propery's on XP, advanced tab then system startup and sellct the OS you want to boot with.

Regards,

BAH

There are a few options here (1)Install partition magic 7 (has to be 7) and chop your curent C drive(that is ntft) into to drives..C:(ntft)and D:(fat32) Ten get into dos and run cd drivers and and install win98.Hint:[/color:035397069a]this may not work..i have never done it. If its like winn200, you have to install 98 befor it.If so refer to Option (2)

(2)Reformat and in dos with fdisk create to partions of your C: (one being for Xp the other for 98 ). Load up your cdrom drivers and install win98 to one of the partitions. Once you got 98 up and running pop in the Xp cd and select the other partition..and do a fresh install.

Ps...there were some M$ program the made some cool boot disks for Xp..it was on this site..bit i cant see to find it..ill keep looking...hopfully you wont need them anyway

-drew

Update:[/size:035397069a]

Here is the link to the Boot disks just incase you need them

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/Q310/9/94.ASP