WindowsXP SP2 + Knoppix Live CD + Unnatended Setup

zer0frost

So ive did a search and i found people been having the same dream :thumbup windows+knoppix on 1 DvD ... excellent idea. So using the latest versions of each OS, has anyone got it to work 100% ? and if so... could you post a quick reply on what you had to do in order to get it work. :w00t: time to zZzZzz but ill check on this post later on.

Just remember help on WindowsXP SP2 + Knoppix Live CD (latest version) working 100%

ermmm... thats kinda the same thing and @ the same time its not.

First of all i only need Windows XP and Knoppix (original) and i want a boot menu that will allow me to either boot-install windows or boot-run knoppix.

On all those threads its talking about SUB's of Knoppix or other distros as you may want to call it... So i guess we'll go step by step:

1- Wich FREE software is the best and easiest to create a boot menu as described above.

2- Will MS Virtual Machine work for testing something like this?

1. cd shell / bootscriptor (which i am using) for managing multiboot/menus + mkisofs or cdimage (which i recomend) for campiling bootable iso

2. either ms vm or vmware will do the job, but ms vm camplains if the iso is too large (700mb+)

but, zer0frost man, i warmly recomend you register at 911 cd forum and do some serious work regarding the multiboot cd/dvd because once you get the grasp of it, you'll never want to stop.

• 4 weeks later...

I used EasyBoot (it is not free) and I menage to make booteble DVD with both Windows XP /SP2 and Knoppix 3.9 (because leatest version 4 is on DVD). Since I had too much space left I put some programs also. It was pretty big job but after couple weeeks i did it.

Notice:

1. Virtual machines SHOWS the results (I used Microsoft VM)

2. You can not make DVD ove 4GB because installation of Win XP won't work.

3. You may have various problems with the menu picture but you have nice forum here:

http://forum.ezbsystems.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=SF&f=1