[Help] AC97 Sound problem

WildKat

I changed my PC case yesterday and now I am having problems with sound. I had the setting on 4 speaker output, two speakers connected to blue socket and two to green socket. The problem is now there is no sound output at all from the green socket (front audio).

I have tried everything (installed latest drivers, checked all settings, removed cases front audio jumpers, disabled/enabled bios settings) but no sound comes out at all. If I swap the speakers then the ones on blue connector always work so its not a speaker problem. I can get all speakers to work if I set speakers to 5.1 and plug into pink socket but then two of them do not sound correct as one is a sub and one is a centre.

I desperately need help on this as I cant think of any other ideas... :(

Its all configured correctly but nothing can be heard from speakers connected to green port. Ive checked all the obvious things.

Also, when I put the audio connector into the green socket the software auto-detects the speaker but no sound at all!

All because you changed the case? This sounds more like a hardware problem.

Make sure the mobo isn't being shorted out by the case - take it out and run it on e.g. a wooden or glass (nonconductive) table to be sure.

Or, if it did get shorted, you might've fried something on the mobo :(

Thats possible but then again the rest of the sound card ports are working fine and this dodgy port detects the speakers. Im stumped :(

I am going to buy the Audigy SE 7.1 24bit because its cheap and cheerful. Is this going to be have noticable improvement on sound quality? (The only reason I preferred onboard sound was improved airflow for my video card)

Edited by WildKat

Hi! You tried to reinstal windows and motherboard driver ( audio) ? I had problem with my motherboard, and after I reinstall windows and motherboard audio driver, a don't have any problem again. i hope you fix your problem quikly