Elsa GForce 2?

dbales

I noticed in the thread about people system spec's that some of you owned an Elsa GForce 2 video card with 64 megs of RAM. I'm not up to speed on my video card manufactorers as I'm currently running a 3dfx card in my machine.

What does the "Elsa" stand for and is it different from other GForce cards?

db

Elsa has been around for a long time. I feel there one of the best companys out there. The cards sometimes come with a lot of add-on feturs but can also be costly. I currently own a geforce (elsa) 2 ultra 64mb, and have bee extremly pleased.As far as being different some companys have a higher core and and memory ability, and also can be overclocked depending on the setup of the card. You sould always shop around and read reviews. I compared reviews for almost 2 months before buying this card. You can check them out at the following link.

Elsa

Also so Ive found that the following links contain great reviews just about everything.

HardOCP

AnandTech

Tom's Hardware

PCinsight

or if you want to wait a few more months the new Geforce 3 cards will be droping in price. You can get a great review on all cards out there and there performance with this link.

Geforce 3 roundup

-Chris

I've personally got a Elsa GeForce III and I have to say it is a very good make, I have had no problems (not that you'd expect to at all), but overall, its excellent. I also find Elsa generally tend to have good 2D, when compared to some of its rivals.

aMb