AIODVD Media

matt121

Hey to all the AIODVD creators, I have a question that may concern new creators of the AIODVD.

My question is:

What is the best DVDR to buy when burning the AIODVD?

The people want reliable & stable DVD-+R's for such a high compression multiboot DVD.

So for the people out there that have successfully burned the AIODVD on a reliable & stable DVD,

Could you please name some of the best DVD-+R's to buy?

Stay away from Imation... I use Maxell or Memorex DVD + R.

Less compatibility issues with a + R. I have a Lite-On DVD Burner,

so i use the booktype utility for the drive and set the booktype to

DVD-ROM. That makes the DVD work on any DVD Drive.

-never had issues w/ memorex (black bottom/gold top is the best/most durable they ever made...wonder if they have that type for DVD as well...) Mitsubishi (Verbatim) ,Taiyo Yuden, Sony are pretty good too IMO.

For durability and reliability... I've used this specialty TDK disc once and beat the crap out of it. Even with circular scratch damage, she still holds up like a champ. (Considering pullin out the good ol Brasso for a quick rub though :sneaky: )

Media is important for a good DVD-BURN, but also not stressing the system during burn and having the latest stable burner firmware and recording at the LOWEST speed possible are also additonal steps that will ensure a more compatible AIO-DVD. (I also tend to set the book type to DVD-ROM and it has helped with some stubborn dvd-readers)

I would wholeheartedly recommend the TDK mentioned above as being the best choice. The price per disc however....is just flat out ridiculous and insulting. :angrym: