AMD dual core overclocking thread

ripken204

use the bios! you will also notice that while under load, cpuz will give a higher voltage than at idle, that higher voltage is closer to the correct voltage. for the voltage, set it to 1.5v right now and see how high u can get. and leave the ram divider at 1:2

use the bios! you will also notice that while under load, cpuz will give a higher voltage than at idle, that higher voltage is closer to the correct voltage. for the voltage, set it to 1.5v right now and see how high u can get. and leave the ram divider at 1:2

yea, i just need more time to play. I took today off and still ended up at the office for a couple of hours. its been acouple of months since ive tweaked w/ th dfi mem settings. time for some reading! i was kinda hoping for 2.6 at default w/o any dicking around. lady luck is not on my side i guess. :D

well,..hehe..I did provide you with meausured voltage directly on board with a Multimeter...but please speculate on.. :whistle:

yea but that chart doesnt list what the bios reads at x amount of vcore. i know the things overvolt a touch when under load, but i don't remember it doing this w/ my 4000+ sd.

I just got my new machine up, currently, I got my opteron 165, 1.8Ghz default @ 2.6 Ghz stable (FX 60) going for 2.8 Ghz

you're where i am right now, but ive got a 10x mult :P

it would be nice to get 2.8 but i doubt you will, 2.7 is usually the max. dont use too high of a voltage tho, anything over 1.55v is getting risky, im a 1.475 so im not gunna worry.

@ripken204

I am giving it 1.6V

due to the fact I am using mushkin redline @ 3.6V

basically, venice core and newer, need to have 1/2 the vcore of the vmem, or you can cause serious damage to your processor.

I know I am not there, but a 1.45 would hurt it more than the 1.6 is. but no way am I gonna give it 1.8 lol

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79509

Edited by gdogg

you should definetly try to overclock more, you should be able to get 2.7 or over with that much voltage. and why the divider with that ram? i have the next level below you as far as mushkin ram goes and mines is running at 260 just fine

261 is 522

it wont even do 2630

2610 is as far as it goes

the bios on the expert boards suck, honestly, only the origional bios works over 3.3V memory, all the updates dont.

until they fix these probs, I cant do much, if its bios related

yah, tried 2.7 got the memory stable as .... and still no go

no volts on anything mad any difference, I am pretty sure I got the max OC

I will try burn-ins, but not yet, i got other stuff to do.

im running 2.6 with mines, i think that i can do 2.7 with mine with just under 1.6v . i tried it with prime and i stopped after about an hour b/c the temps were starting to get high, if i had watercooling then im sure that i'de be able to do it.

try 265x10 and see if that works