Gmail problem with USP5.0 SR1 install

DanceMan

I've made a slipstreamed install disk with USP5.0 SR1, removing OE and WMP, and have used it, along with the ic, DA, and DX files. I can't connect to Gmail with this install -- I get "done" but a blank page, using either FF 1.5 with Adblock or IE, even if I disable my firewall. I've been able to connect on another machine with an older 2K install.

Can anyone suggest where I should look to solve this?

strange, - because Firefox 1.5 has nothing to do with Removing of any windows components, and so Gmail should just work. for IE i could emagine

even though i wouldn't know why...

did you use nlite - if so you should add your last_session.ini

Yes, I used nLite, but the install I did it on has been wiped.

It's not the browser. I just installed FF 1.5 on another machine with a different install of 2K and it accesses Gmail without a problem. Either I'm missing a plugin like Flash or JS, or I did something wrong during the slipstreaming. No problems with any other sites.

did you OEM Brand you install, iff so info on removed components should be in (right click my computer) - the nlite logo should be in the left down corner of the screen, and a buttot 'support information' should lead you to a list of remove components - if not, there's basicly little i can think of that could be the problem, -

I think the problem could be cause either by nLite or - more likely - by my IC package, because it expects OE to be installed. Fortunately the IC package will be obsolete when USP 5.1 hits the web in a few days.

Best regards (and sry if it really is my IC package),

Gurgelmeyer B)

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed from a slipstreamed USP5.1 disk, with OE, WMP, and Messenger removed, and it loads Gmail without a problem.

Again, thanks to Gurgelmeyer. You've produced a fine resource that's an enormous help to so many of us.