Drivers Via CD

Hi all

I'm attempting to add OEM drivers to my CD. I've followed the section on the website entitled 'Drivers via CD' and am getting an error at the file copy stage of the install :-

Setup cannot copy the file presetup.cmd

I've edited txtsetup.sif as stated, placed all the relevant files in the I386 folder etc.

Anyone got any ideas?

Ok. I posted before doing much research :(

winnt.sif is the CD version of unattend.txt or answer.txt (or whatever you would like to call the answer file).

Unfortunately, the version I'm writing here is intended to boot from either floppy, CD, USB drive or network and use an install source from either CD, USB drive or network. While I can call the answer file anything I want, actually having it in the i386 folder isn't cool for me as I have a DOS menu portion before the install that will overwrite portions of the answer file dependant on user input, and this is obviously not possible if on a CD (the idea being to provide a very customisable menu driven install for relatively none technical IT department members if required).

Can this version be 'tweaked' to look at a none CD version of the answer file?

Andy

I've attempted this method, following the instructions to the letter (unless I've been stoopid and done something wrong, which is a possibility :blink: ) and I don't see a batch file running at any point of the install :(

I've cut and pasted the [GuiUnattended] section that should show the batch file and copied the zipped files to $OEM$ as suggested.

I have a $OEM$\Drivers folder containing my drivers (in subfolders under this). I've even shortened all folder names to less than 8 chars just in case there are issues with 8.3 naming conventions. I still see nothing and no OEM drivers get installed.

The only thing that I can see is definately different is that I have extra entries in [GuiUnattended] for the time zones, admin passwords etc. I've tried reming these out, but no joy.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

What sets the %I and %J variables?

Andy

Edited by Duckfather

Ok, so I've found out why this wasn't working in the first place. My $oem$ folder wasn't being found, which hints at a bigger issue, as my $oem$ folder is now being seen, but the scripts still don't seem to run.

I beleave that the reason for this is that certain variables are set by the Autobooted setup program (setup.exe), which I'm not running.

The reason for this is that I have a pre-installation portion which destroys any corrupt partitions, installs a 2GB MS-DOS partition and boots from this to run winnt.exe with an unattend.txt file. I have to do this because I have not guarantee that an intact partition will be available for file copies, or that there will be a bootable CD ROM. In fact, my installation is coded to boot from floppy, CD, NIC or USB drive before re-creating local partitions and then kicking off winnt.exe (using a source on either CD, network or USB drive).

Does setup.exe set certain system variables at installation launch? Certain system variables are used by the scripts (%I, %J, %CD%, %SystemDrive%, %SystemRoot%) which I obviously don't have set if I boot from my MS-DOS partition as opposed to the CD.

Cheers

Andy