[Question] - Other ways to control startup programs besides msconfig?

jacob

I have adobe cs2 and it's annoying as hell to have it startup and show itself by the clock ALL THE TIME.

I disabled it through MS' Antispyware tools area, but it still shows up no matter what.

I checked the registry and it's not there, I can't think of any other way to disable it.

I did it once before, but lost the notes how and I just have a fresh install/format of my computer...

Anyone know how?

Adobe's a real pain, they want all their programs to be in the startup... :realmad:

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Edited by Zxian

Unchecking programs with autoruns means they will not run on your next start up, unless they are running and have an internal code that checks and enables them to autorun again (usually viruses and malware do that). So it is preferable to do this work on safe mode so nothing else is executed. If it is a program or service that you want you can re-enable it by checking it again. And if you are certain that you don't want it again right click on it's name and delete it

CCleaner may try that, but if MS' Antispyware utility can't do it, which seems to have a good grasp of things, what else will.

As for it being malware or a virus, Asmilon, if you consider Adobe malware or virus like, then ya guess so lol ;)

Jacob I was talking in general about the program itself since you asked something about it. It will help you it finds everything that will start by autorun on your system start up and let you control if you want it or no