Office 2003 help!

TruBlu01

I created an unattended Office Pro 2003 w/ SP2 integrated. I went through the whole tutorial and am a little confused about the very end. I have my created folder with the .MST file. I'm not understanding the whole batch file thing. How to write it, where to put it and how to point it on cd insertion. This is going to be an unattended Office2003 CD. He is the end of the tutorial. Thank you!

-Marc

This command will perform a silent installation of Office 2003 using the Unattended.MST file you created in the Custom Installation Wizard to set your customized options. But we don't want to use the exact command shown above as this wouldn't exist when installing from a CD, so we will need to change this when we add it to a batch file

TRANSFORMS=C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003\Unattended.MST /qb-

changed to...

TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

» Section 2 - The Office 2003 Batch Command

As you read at the end of the last section, we needed to change the path in the TRANSFORM syntax in order for it to work. Below are the full batch commands you can use, so add these lines to your batch file:

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

That's it!

.....Or could I just add this to the Autorun.inf?

[autorun]

OPEN=setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

Edited by TruBlu01

create a batch file with the .cmd extension (ex office.cmd) and place in install directory.

The way you were talking about in autorun will work if its a stand alone cd.

The tutorial is assuming you want to put it on cd with windows and have it installed as part of the system install.

Autorun worked great, it is a stand alone. next is how could I not have to put in the cd (source) when adding say an assistant? Another words copying the main source file to a folder within Office and telling the registry where it is?