enhancing media player classic

slimzky

i know a lot of u guys prefer the clasic media player rather than v 9 or 10... im using the unicode build from souceforge & i like it but whats keeping from using the oders is that i dont know how to configure the sound... is there a plugin for me to achieve a "winamp"- like sound... (the equalizer settings)... & alos thers no playlist? how am i able to queue aothers songs>? :wacko:

yeah you can drag and drop files/folders to that playlist. also right click and save those playlists anywhere.

ive switched to xmplay for my music now so i hardly use the playlist in mpc which i use only for video. with xmplay i just add a right click context menu to quickly play all music in folder/subfolder.

folders??? i tried and it didn't work :o - strange -

also tried "mplayerc.exe /add d:\music\* " and it didn't load any of the files forom the music folder or any of its subfolders.... pretty anoying...

unicode build 6.4.8.4 - anyone with same probs?????

// the - add folder (and its subfolder) of BSplayer (also included in the klite mega pack - seamned perfect, but i find it to be less stable than MplayerC.

Edited by -I-

MPC doesn't have its own equalizer, but if you use ffdshow for the decoding part; you can load up WinAMP presets into the ffdshow-equalizer.
I'd like to take those words. Yesterday I just tested this function for the first time. I installed WinAMP lite, opened the winamp.q1 into the FFDShow Equalizer, but then...ughum...what happened then sounded pretty bad :blushing::lol::whistle:

So please do NOT try this at home folks! :no:

ive switched to xmplay for my music now so i hardly use the playlist in mpc which i use only for video. with xmplay i just add a right click context menu to quickly play all music in folder/subfolder.

me too.. even though i learned the Mpc playlist, after testing oder mp3 players, i found XMPlay better... MPC uses 12mb ram but XMplay about 3 mb in my system... & guess what, it has equalizer settings & reverb... im currently using a themeless version of xp... the XMplay classic skin looks good for me.. :thumbup

folders??? i tried and it didn't work :o - strange -

also tried "mplayerc.exe /add d:\music\* " and it didn't load any of the files forom the music folder or any of its subfolders.... pretty anoying...

unicode build 6.4.8.4 - anyone with same probs?????

// the - add folder (and its subfolder) of BSplayer (also included in the klite mega pack - seamned perfect, but i find it to be less stable than MplayerC.

i meant you can drop a folder into the playlist, that works. but for music i now use the open folder/subfolder right click entry with xmplay.