Recovery tools

Daemonforce

I'm putting together an awesome multiboot disc and I run into a few problems in vmware. I realize that vmware is never 100% accurate as to what happens in a 32-Bit X86 environment when it comes to problems, but I need to know what good practice is when adding the following tools:

PowerQuest Partition Magic

PowerQuest Drive Image

Fujitsu Drive Manager (DOS)

Hitachi Drive Fitness Test (DOS)

Maxtor MaxBlast 4

Samsung Disk Manager

Seagate SeaTools

Western Digital Caviar Install Tool

WinME bootdisk

So far I have been using memdisk to run these images. I run into frequent problems when trying to run the Fujitsu/Seagate/WDC tools with memdisk and diskemu. Probably because I don't have either of those drive types in this machine. What is common practice to emulate these tools?

I can confirm you I have the following from your list currently working:

Symantec Partition Magic

Fujitsu (ATA Drive Diag.)

Hitachi (Drive Fitness Test)

Maxtor PowerMAX

Western Digital (Data Lifeguard Diag.)

Seagate Seatools

And all I did was to build a floppy image of theses utilities... BUT I am using EasyBoot as my multiboot manager...

Edited by Incroyable HULK

Well....You've got one on me with SeaTools. I'm going to see if WDC still gripes at me tonight. x_X

I'm using CD Shell as the multiboot tool. So far so good but I've had to remove quite a bit of programming from a lot of utilities just to get them to work. :(

Ok I completed the painful task of porting floppies...-_-

Everything appears to work fine under emulation(vmware) but emulated emulation is causing crashes. When I send the disk images to CD Shell to be run under diskemu, it starts up a drive installation program and tries to bring it into the GUI and crashes instead. Any idea why this is? A fault in Xbios?