SSDP Discovery Service (SSDPSRV)

I think this thread in the OpenWRT forum might get interesting to be able to block SSDP: https://forum.openwrt.org/t/block-all-ssdp-traffic/92872

It looks like there is a difference between different internet packets. Some have to be processed in the router itself (therefore travelling through the firewall rules), while some others are just being passed over from LAN to LAN (therefore the firewall rules don't apply, SSDP for example). So now one has to fake it and make every LAN port behave like a network endpoint, a VLAN.

The last word isn't spoken yet. SSDP will fall!

@Dixel: Can't reproduce that! Link opens fine on various computers here. Even computers, which I never used to connect to the OpenWRT forum. Maybe you could directly access forum.openwrt.org and search for SSDP. Then select the thread with the goose.

@Gansangriff : Sorry for this low quality picture , I'm not sure why , but I'm limited to 21.06 kb images only. I certainly can connect to this website , but no such page for me there. If I press "search" , I get the same "no such page". Weird.

404.png