Bugs Bunny

Tomcat76

This goes to your HFSVPK:

appz.cmd

@echo off
IF EXIST %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\CMDOW.EXE cmdow @ /HID
Title Instaling Appz
REM find cdrom and set variable CDDRIVE
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\cdrom_nt.5 set CDDRIVE=%%i:
set WINPATH=%CDDRIVE%\
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment" /v "CDDRIVE" /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d ^%WINPATH%^ /f

regedit /s %CDDRIVE%\myreg123.reg

start /wait %CDDRIVE%\myprogy1.exe
start /wait %CDDRIVE%\myprogy2.exe
start /wait %CDDRIVE%\myprogy3.exe

ECHO Delete programs from autostart
REG delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v MsnMsgr /f

I have not tried it. Just an idea.

Edited by Oleg_II

I just checked the silent installer for MSN Messenger 7.0 and it appears I forgot to include the reg patch. So it's just the AOPR that screws up (HKLM).

Oleg II... I don't see the difference between that and what I'm doing now. The package for AOPR contains:

- the original AOPR setup files

- the registry tweak (.reg file)

- a CMD converted to EXE which runs the registry tweak with the -s switch and then installs AOPR with the /S switch

This is wrapped in a 7-zip self-extracting package that runs the internal once-cmd-now-exe file.

As said earlier, this works in Windows XP so it's not the method that's the problem (unless I used REG.EXE instead of REGEDIT.EXE but that's not the case) but the fact that I can't reach HKLM from SVCPACK.

Edited by Tomcat76

Tomcat76

Sorry maybe I missed something. I thought we are talking about programs that require IE6 version :blushing:

I have a tweak with HKLM in INSTALL.INF that I run from HFSVPK folder too:

; Control Panel to My Computer
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Control Panel\command",,,"rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"

and it's working. And it's not the only tweak with HKLM I have.

Sorry maybe I missed something. I thought we are talking about programs that require IE6 version :blushing:
You're probably mistaking me for someone else. :)

I gave it another go, this time WITH the reg tweak for MSN Messenger.... and it didn't work.

I just checked all the programs I have in HFSVPK, and right now only MSN Messenger and AOPR contain registry tweaks. Is it possible that Windows 2000, during installation, doesn't know how to handle "regedit -s" and needs "regedit /s" instead? The reg files do work when I install these two packages AFTER installation of Windows, so it must be something specific to the Windows setup.

Edit: Nope. The regedits still don't take place. I give up; it's clear it doesn't work from SVCPACK.

Edited by Tomcat76

TC - Please read post #9 of this thread. Try uncabbing the svcpack.inf and copy/paste the hfslip.cmd file so that it happens after installing your programs. Report back issues/findings. Thanks!
I think we're getting somewhere. When I reg tweaked two/three months ago (Adobe Reader 7.0.3, etc.), I had everything in one .REG file wrapped in an executable named "zPOST.exe" made with IExpress, which (of course) is being executed after the last program.

This is what I got now:

[setupHotfixesToRun]

HFSLIP.CMD

MPSetup.exe /Q:A /R:N

AOPR.exe

DNF11r.exe

DNF20z.exe

jre506.exe

MSNMsg70.exe

Rdr705EN.exe

UPHClean.exe

WMPCskEN.exe

Q890830.EXE /Q

So if the registry tweaks MUST be executed after the last program, it's obvious why my method is failing. Is this a limitation of Windows 2000?

Edit:

Post #9 refers to registry tweaks that are parsed by HFSLIP. Since I don't have any "loose" .REG files, I figured that comment didn't apply to me. My .REG files are embedded into the silent executables of AOPR.exe and MsnMsg70.exe.

Edited by Tomcat76

I separated the reg tweaks from the programs and it still doesn't work.

[setupHotfixesToRun]

HFSLIP.CMD

MPSetup.exe /Q:A /R:N

AOPR.exe

DNF11r.exe

DNF20z.exe

jre506.exe

MSNMsg70.exe

Rdr705EN.exe

UPHClean.exe

WMPCskin.exe

zregAOPR.exe

zregMM70.exe

Q890830.EXE /Q

HFSLIP.CMD:

@ECHO OFF&SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS
FOR %%? IN (CMDOW.EXE) DO IF "%%~$PATH:?" NEQ "" CMDOW @ /HID
TITLE HFSLIP
IF EXIST %~d0\I386\SVCPACK SET HFSLIP=%~d0\I386
%HFSLIP%\updroots.exe %HFSLIP%\authroots.sst
%HFSLIP%\updroots.exe %HFSLIP%\updroots.sst
%HFSLIP%\updroots.exe -l %HFSLIP%\roots.sst
%HFSLIP%\updroots.exe -d %HFSLIP%\delroots.sst
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR /B %SYSTEMROOT%\*.TMP') DO (
ATTRIB -R %SYSTEMROOT%\%%I
DEL /F /Q %SYSTEMROOT%\%%I
)
rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess
SET PREP=%~dp0
CD /D %HFSLIP%
VGXUPDATE Q823353
OEUPDATE Q823353
VGXUPDATE Q833989
OEUPDATE Q833989
EXIT

With w2k, if you call a silent regedit, you must specify the entire working string to regedit for it to run correctly (ex %windir%\regedit.exe /s and not regedit.exe /s). After you are in the first logon, you can run a simple regedit /s reg.reg. This is not an issue with XP. BTW, why not just put your regedit files in hfsvpk folder and let hfslip take care of it for you automatically? No need to repack anything.

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't know. I've only been a mod for a few days.

As far as I can see, the edits consisted of putting the long lists of reg tweaks in CODE boxes; the text doesn't seem to be altered or censored.

• 4 weeks later...

From Step 5:

The HFSVPK Directory - For installing Self Extracting Silent Switchless Installers (.REG tweak files, .INF files, CMD files, and other packages)

You can put any Self Extracting Silent Switchless Installers/Programs you like in the HFSVPK folder.

You can also put .REG, .INF, and CMD files in HFSVPK. To generate some very useful .REG files, try Registry Tweakage.

You should be fine as long as you avoid spaces and special characters.