[BETA] XPize 4.2

XPero

In the Xpize process he has built in extra iicons for some things like office 2003 so I don't see why this wouldn't be a problem.

Just went to quote the wrong message... Sorry... See below...

No real bugs with this BETA? C'mon, there should be. And remember that the uninstaller has to be tested as well ;)

Oooooh! I, personally, couldn’t bear to uninstall it myself, as it's way too nice...!

So, I'll be leave that, to someone else... :thumbup

Edited by mr_sepia_tone

well i found some "forgotten icons" whitch still belong to the default windows xp...

image:

((i wanted to put in more forgotten icons but there are just to many to put in this shot so that`s why it has the strange shape... ))

forgottenicons5sx.th.png

oke for the forgottin icons... you may have updated the icons of the "system management" or whatever it`s calles in english but you didn`t look into the management things themselve..

Logs or Event viewer == not updated at all

services == partly updated

prestations == not updated at all

and the other management thing are not updated aswell

and there must be more but i didn`t look forther than the administrative tools :)

I tried updating all that stuff..but it was a real pain and the result wasnt even better that defaults. Most of those "icons" are actually 16 colors bitmaps.

is it that hard to update those... i mean.. a image is just a image and can be replaced :) or do i miss something importent?

btw.. what dll file do i need to edit to change those (i want to test something)

markg85:

Run those admin tools and get all files loaded with Process Explorer for example. I dont have the exact file list.

Wesmosis:

The Express installation type installs only Files (except msxml.dll and quartz.dll) and the CPL icon.

Those registry icons were updated in earlier versions with no success. There is a limitation of 16 colors, so it is better to leave them like that.

hows the Frontpage folder icon? I can make easily one for you if you want.