[BETA] XPize 4.2

XPero

post-57426-1134419612_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the terrible compression but have a look at the timezone bitmap. Off course it looks nice but it is geographicly not correct. Someone mensioned it already in another topic some time ago and posted an alternative. The color combination is a bit different but they both look nice IMO.

post-57426-1134419794_thumb.jpg

Here is this topic: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=57183

Is so much important the geographical accuracy?

It's not entirely important ... it's just nice to correct the problem. That is the intent of XPize: to continue where MS seems to have left off; right?

I look at that bitmap maybe once or twice a year. I don't care a whole lot. But then again ... how often do I look at some of the updated icons in SYSTEM32? So I suppose it could be argued that there are quite a few aesthetics that are not "important," but yet you do them anyway.

But like I've said, not a big deal to me ... I just thought I'd throw in my $0.02. *shrug*

Thanks a bunch for this program. It's wonderful. I've been using it for quite some time now and I love it. I love the updates. And I love that you continue to maintain development. Good job, man. :)

Great work so far!

Just to add to the list of future release items:

The "switch primary and secondary buttons" images (there are two of them):

post-82813-1134957274_thumb.jpg

The icons for Microsoft's .NET Framework configuration utilities:

post-82813-1134958038_thumb.jpg

The icons for .NET framework components in IE's security dialog:

post-82813-1134958193_thumb.jpg

The logo for Microsoft Project 2003 (in Help -> About):

post-82813-1134958585_thumb.jpg

(Also, would it be possible to add a manifest file for Project 2003 so that the controls use the themed XP appearance?)

Thanks again for your work on XPize. Great job! :)

The logo for Microsoft Project 2003 (in Help -> About):

Correct me if i am wrong, but are not we here to update n upgrade the look of xp and its inbuilt components.

if we go in for each such infividual products, dont know what we have up against us.

So please keep the request up to xp only.

In the Xpize process he has built in extra iicons for some things like office 2003 so I don't see why this wouldn't be a problem.

i did not see them or was not aware. but really tell me. if people start requesting for programmes other than windows , you can imagine what a large amount of request and how caried will they be. let us keep the request only for the windows.