remove shortcut arrow(another way)

i dont know whether this has been mentioned before.

use the following method to remove the shortcut arrow other than the normal way(delete isshortcut value) so that the double items issue can be avoided when right click a lnk file.

command line way:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons" /v 29 /d %systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll,50 /f

registry way:

see the attachment

the hex value in the Remove_Shortcut_arrow.reg is equal to %systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll,50

this method is based on changing the shortcut overlay image to a transparent one through registry

note: when use under windows, please run flushcode.exe once after apply that to refresh the icon cache. If you have used the normal method to remove the arrow,please restore the isshortcut value first,import the following registry code

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile]

@="Shortcut"

"IsShortcut"=""

no need to do that when use it in UA windows xp install.

sorry for my poor English,hope you guys can understand what i mean.enjoy!

Edited by Rico.JohnnY

@Rico.JohnnY

Thanks. Actually, the "normal" method (delete isshortcut value) is not normal at all. For example, hotkeys assigned to the shortcuts won't work. Launching shortcuts from TotalCommander won't work either.

@boooggy

that's impossible.

Have you already restored the isshortcut value under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile ?

I have restored the isshortcut value and apply the tweak, it now not showing shortcut arrow, but showing double value in right click (shortcut but without arrow).

Pawan

1.Restore isshortcut value under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile

2.Apply the tweak.

3.If you use the tweak in a installed windows,refresh the icon cache using flushcode.exe

make sure you have exactly followed the sequence above.

Normally, the double items issue will be fixed once you have resored the "isshortcut". It is recommended that you retrieve an original copy of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile from anther PC.

tested in two PCs, proved to work perfectly.

• 3 years later...