Help with HD Audio drivers

foxeh30

Hi all, first post :hello:

Right, recently bought a new motherboard (Sapphire PURE Innovation). Had no problems getting the board installed and getting the chipset drivers installed.

When I came to install the drivers for the Realtek HD Audio I was advised to install the kb888111 for XPsp2 before I installed the actual Realtek drivers.

After installing the hotfix I then installed the Realtek HD Audio drivers which came on my motherboard CD. During installation I was confronted with this message "Microsoft Bus Driver should be loaded in your system before installing Realtek HD Audio driver!" I click "Ok" and then it proceeds to complete the installation of the drivers and prompts me to reboot. I reboot but have no sound.

Now it is my understanding that when it means the MS Bus driver it means the kb888111 hotfix or have I got my wires crossed somewhere? Because if it is then why is it not recognising that I have already installed it. The actual Realtek drivers does install the hotfix itself.

I cannot get access to Volume Control from the Start Menu as I have a "problem with your hardware" conferonting me when I do. There are no Yellow Warning signs in the Device Manager and dxdiag tells me there is no sound hardware/software installed.

I am totally lost as to what I am doing wrong and I am wondering if anybody has had any experiences with this problem before and knows a solution. Upto now Sapphire and Realtek have been about as helpful as a kick in the balls.

Help of any kind is greatly appreciated, and if this has been posted in the wrong section, sorry! Feel free to move it if neccesary

foxeh

Hi! :hello:

I'm using the same Realtek HD Audio (v1.27 don't use the beta version ! ) and i've integrate kb888111 in my XPPro and I have no problems!

It seems to me that your problem it's installing kb888111 (not installing !) try to install manualy (unpack the driver and install the kb888111 for your OS ! )

PS First check your registry with any regcleaner!

Edited by Mercury_22

Have you a MS HDAudio Device installed in Device Manager ? My problem was, that i must change this device to Realtek HD Audio Device manually(also at the unattended installation with KB888111 in svcpack.inf)

But now i use devcon.exe at GUIRunOnce to delete this device and search for the right HDA device (Realtek or C-Media)

No I dont have a MS HDAudio device in Device Manager

This make me think that certainly you have a problem with kb888111 or a conflict in the Device Manager (even if you don't have a "Yellow Warning sign", check every device for conflicts at resources tab !)

Check for conflicts with other device drivers you installed before !

Try uninstall kb888111 and install again! (use a regcleaner first !! )

Good luck! :thumbup

Edited by Mercury_22

Having checked regedit to find the kb888111 hotfix I noticed that the other hotfixes have subfolders under the Filelist folder but the kb888111 doesnt.

Do you think that could be the source of the problem?

If so what do I need to do to get those subfolders into my hotfix because everytime I install the hotfix those folders are missing and I am guessing they should be there.

Here is my kb888111reg (it has "subfolders under the Filelist folder ")

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111WXPSP2]

"InstalledDate"="12/2/2005"

"InstalledBy"="SYSTEM"

"Type"="Update"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111WXPSP2\Filelist]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111WXPSP2\Filelist\0]

"FileName"="portcls.sys"

"Version"="5.1.2600.1364"

"BuildDate"="Tue Mar 16 13:58:17 2004"

"BuildCheckSum"="2b8f7"

"Location"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\DRIVERS"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111WXPSP2\Filelist\1]

"FileName"="Hdaudbus.sys"

"Version"="5.10.1.5013"

"BuildDate"="Fri Jan 07 20:07:15 2005"

"BuildCheckSum"="2e3ab"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111WXPSP2\Filelist\2]

"FileName"="Hdaudio.sys"

"Version"="5.10.1.5013"

"BuildDate"="Fri Jan 07 20:07:14 2005"

"BuildCheckSum"="29f16"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111WXPSP2\Filelist\3]

"FileName"="HdAProp.dll"

"Version"="5.10.1.5013"

"BuildCheckSum"="acbd"

"Location"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111WXPSP2\Filelist\4]

"FileName"="HdAShCut.exe"

"Version"="5.10.1.5013"

"BuildDate"="Fri Jan 07 20:07:13 2005"

"BuildCheckSum"="184d4"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111WXPSP2\Filelist\5]

"FileName"="HdAudRes.dll"

"Version"="5.10.1.5013"

"BuildDate"="Fri Jan 07 20:07:02 2005"

"BuildCheckSum"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111WXPSP2\Filelist\6]

"FileName"="portcls.sys"

"BuildCheckSum"="2b8f7"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111WXPSP2\Filelist\7]

"FileName"="Hdaudbus.sys"

"Version"="5.10.1.5013"

"BuildDate"="Fri Jan 07 20:07:15 2005"

"BuildCheckSum"="2e3ab"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111WXPSP2\Filelist\8]

"FileName"="Hdaudio.sys"

"Version"="5.10.1.5013"

"BuildCheckSum"="29f16"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111WXPSP2\Filelist\9]

"FileName"="portcls.sys"

"BuildCheckSum"="2b8f7"

"Location"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Driver Cache\\i386"

Try replace yours with mine or "Try uninstall kb888111 and install again! (use a regcleaner first !!! )"

Edited by Mercury_22

Tried your reg file and then installed the drivers and I still get the error :(

Think I might just go out and buy a friggin Creative Soundcard and havew done with it unles anyone else has any other suggestions!

Thnx to Mercury for the help so far :)

It took me about a week to definitively figure this out... I have a computer at work that would go through a RIS install and two subsequent RunOnceEx reboots. But then after I would every last detail done, the computer would not reboot. At first I had to try booting like 5 times and it would finally boot up. Not good at all, but workable. Well then it got to where it wouldn't reboot no matter what. I then booted the unit to an ERD Commander CD to try and find the problem, but no luck there. Finally, because of my inherant distrust and disdain for RealTek, I disabled the RealTek HD in the BIOS and the computer has been fine ever since. I stuck an old SoundBlaster Live Platinum in there and it's happy. What I'm not so happy about is that the mobo (Gigabyte GI915GFM) only has two PCI slots to begin with. But wait! It gets better! This Gigabyte also has a RealTek NIC onboard, which I have found to be completely unusable. So I had to use the one remaining PCI slot with a 3Com NIC. Good thing there's 8 USB ports on this thing.

Another computer, based on an Intel mobo, also has a RealTek HD integrated. The difference with that one is that it only has three audio jacks in the back where as the Gigabyte has six :blink: but they both report as RealTek HD. Anyhow, that computer boots up just fine everytime. The problem is that it blue screens after about 10 minutes of use. I've tried three different versions of driver, mix and matched video adapters, etc. The only solution is, once again, disabling the RealTek HD in the BIOS.

Suffering from the exact same problem. I'm on a new HP Pavilion model number w5210la. I'm about to make a new nlited cd, but this time I'll integrate the DriverPack Sound A and see what happens, I'll post back if this fixes the problem.

AMGeeX.

UPDATE: I fixed the problem, here's how I did it: Create a new nLite cd, don't remove anything, just integrate SP2; don't integrate any hotfixes. Now, at the end, do not make the iso image. Now download the DriverPacks BASE and DriverPack Sound A. Next go to THIS SITE for instructions on how to slipstream the DriverPack Sound A into your nLite cd. After you finish slipstreaming the driverpack unto your nLite cd run nLite again and just go into the last step and create the iso image. Now just burn that and install it and problem solved!

Edited by amgeex

To get HD Audio working i did this:

extract the KB888111 hotfix

then using nLite in Driver integration include an inf in the commonfiles folder of the hotfix

after that u can the setup any time after installing windows to get the additional Realtek Sound effects etc