[Help] - Windows refuses to mount a multisession DVD

quinriva

I was burning a few DVD's R+ with Nero today and set the recording to multisession. For some reason or another, although I experienced no errors during the burning process, attempting to mount the DVD results in the error: M:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function.

Granted Nero did warn me that there may be errors attempting to access the second and later sessions on pre-Windows XP machines. However, there is only one session on the disc and I am using WinXP.

Additionally Nero recognises the disk as a multisession ISO 9660/Joilet (mode 1) disk with a Session 1 ~3.3Gb. Given that Nero can recognise this, I am assuming that it is a windows error and not an error with the drive. I have no trouble with non-multisession disks.

Relevant info:

Windows XP SP2

DVD: LG GSA-4082B

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Edited by Zxian

Multisession DVD's can be very iffy. Sometimes burners are the only ones that can read them.

Let's try a few things since Nero can see the session.

1. Disable XP's built in burning service

2. Download Nero's Multimounter utility and be sure to follow the install instructions. (Do not forget to edit the reg file!!)

3. Make sure system32 folder has a copy on wnaspi32.dll (grab the copy wnaspi33.dll from nero's program folder.)

4. Reboot

5. Now....put the multisession DVD into the drive and go to the drive's 'Properties' menu. You will find a new tab that will allow you to select and mount any of the sessions on your DVD.

There is more to try if that doesn't work.

Hmm, thanks Elektrik. That firmware revision is pretty old so I'm assuming that I would have already flashed to it (I'm normally get the latest firmware as soon as it's released), but I may have been neglecting my DVD drive.

I'm installing Win2003 this afternoon (just want to have a look), so I'll check the firmware after that. If that doesn't work I'll have a look at what LiquidSage suggested.

Cheers.