HELP! Out of space on Unattended cd

I am currently running a custom Unattended XP cd using BST driver packs and RyanVM's updates... among others.

I currently have the cd standing at 698mb... and I have already deleted the LANG and the migrate folders...

I am wondering if somebody could help tell me step by step on how i would make a install cd where the RyanVM packs would be on the Main disk... and the BTS packs on a 2nd disk.

... also i would like to know if it is possible (on the same disks), to give the option NOT to install BTS during the install process (for systems that "disagree" with the driver packs).

....... and before everyone starts yelling, "do a search"... i would like to add that, I know it is probably posted... but I have not much free time to sit and search and scrounge code togeather...

any help would be GREATLY appreciated

~Dave

RyanVM's update pack, and BTS Driver packs are integrated into XP CD. I don't think it's possible to have users pic those as option, maybe but I haven't really run into any of those threads in here.

You can use nlite to get rid of the crap if you like to.

I have a 700mb CD, with RyanVM Update Pack + few addon packs + BTS Driver pack + 234MB of software which includes things as MS office and nero and adobe reader, avg blah blah (what an average user would need)

I did nlite it, but it still has almost all of the functions, except I can't upgrade with the cd, which i haven't done in the 10 years i've been using a PC, and the language packs. + those xp games except soltaire lol, and the original drivers of xp since you're integrating BTS.

Ya i know i haven't answerd your questions, but im just saying it can fit on one cd, unless you're going to put major programs like Photoshop and uncompressed office and all those goodies.

Edited by Grake

not sure if this will help you out or anything, but you could give it a shot, if you have a dir of files that u burn great, if u have an iso, extract it, use cdimage gui beta 3 and use the optimize settings, it may slim down your install. Other choices ??? dvd burner?

strange, I have windows XP home and PRO on 1 disk. Together with all the driverpacks and the latest hotfixes (.net included). And it still fits on a 650 MB rewritable CD.

Seems like you do not remove the biggest things using nLite (windows intro, setup.exe)

I got XPSP2 + RyanVM + Plus Addons + BTS + Xpize and over 250Mb of software, coming in at 599Mb. As the others said trim more using nLite. If you are only installing on the latest machines you can remove alot of the XP drivers as these will be covered by th BTS packs. If you want to support older hardware (over about three years old) you'll probably want to keep the XP drivers

For the record, my pack should add little if any to the space on your CD (unless you're adding a bunch of addons too). Most of the time, it actually reduces the size of the CD due to the driver cab merging and better compression ratios on some of the updated files.