Help me quick before i buy

daz98

I want to know which one you would go for

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Processor "SAN DIEGO" Socket 939 Retail BOX - 1mb l2 chache 2.2ghz - $369

AMD Athlon64 'VENICE' 3500+ CPU. Socket 939, E3 Venice Core, 200Mhz FSB, 512KB L2 Cache 2.2ghz - $319

Is it really worth the extra 512mb cache for $50. Will this help me with my gaming the extra 512? I need to know if it will increase by alot or by nothing because i want to buy very soon

Thankyou

While cache is important...its not the cache size why the EE gets beat. ITs the length of the pipeline. Honestly I would have gone with the Venice cause it oclocks better. More of a profound effect than the cache would have had. Case in point...Prescotts have what a meg of cache? Yet they are slow as f**k.

I would go with the San Deigo,

its kind of a myth now about cores with a larger cache tending to overclock less, maybe with the 754 clawhammers and newcastle cores but with the Venice and San Diegos they tend to both overclock nicely.

Most the San Deigos Ive seen in peoples sigs on many a forum are hitting at least 2.7 on air, and they have the extra cache which you cant make up for on the venice.

I was going to get a San Diego but this venice came along at a very cheap price, so I snapped it up.