Which file controls Blue Screen of Death?

JASpurrier3

Does anyone know which file controls the color of the Blue Sreen of Death? I can't seem to find it through searching because so many are just error topics with the Blue Screen?

I have also heard that Vista has a red screen of death. Is this true? If it is, do you know what file it is based in?

Thanks for your input.

-JASpurrier3

Edited by JASpurrier3

1) not sure, but i remember i got a proggy somewhere (running win9x) which was able to change the color of the BSOD by regtweaking...

2) true. vista will feature a new "RSOD" :P

sorry but i dunno which file (or tweak) is the one used

next time you better stick to one topic (this one to be concrete) and ^bump it^ if necessary ;)

edit: after the first try on google and an "i'm feeling lucky" search i got this...

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

• 1 month later...
1) not sure, but i remember i got a proggy somewhere (running win9x) which was able to change the color of the BSOD by regtweaking...

2) true. vista will feature a new "RSOD" :P

sorry but i dunno which file (or tweak) is the one used

next time you better stick to one topic (this one to be concrete) and ^bump it^ if necessary ;)

edit: after the first try on google and an "i'm feeling lucky" search i got this...

RSODs only exist for errors that are related to the boot loader, AFAIK. It appears that the majority of errors still are BSODs.