Unreal Tournament Freezes

awergh

Unreal Tournament (The original) Freezes duing playing the game on my Pentium III 733Mhz 128MB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 with Windows 98SE. Once it is frozen there is nothing I can do and have to restart the computer.

well there are many things that could be said about this problem

1. lower the graphic options in the game

2. your ram is low so i'm sure windows after some point writes to the paging files. "virtual memory is too low, windows is increasing etc.." type of thing.

and if u don't have a lot of disc space it'll freeze.

3. get the latest stuff (drivers, sp's (unofficial win98 sp pack, etc)

4. defrag / close other programs / etc.

5. scandisk.. why? bc maybe when windows is trying to write to a specific path on your hdd it might be damaged and it might not be able to write there and therefor it reset.

its known issue that win98 messes up the hdd. bad sectors all over the hdd's are possible..

also u can memcheck your ram..

• 3 weeks later...

Also if your using onboard sound it can cause probs at times , speacily when theres alot going on on screen.

I use to get freezes intermittanatly on similar spec pc to yours awergh , my AC97 onboard audio was the culprit for me most the time . Updated sound drivers , lower audio settings to minimal settings in all area's of the game , turn of announcer , taunts etc

I still Luv ol' skool UT with all it's mods.

M..MM..MMM...MMMONSTERrrr..KILLL..Kill ..kill

Buwahahaha

Good luck