Poll: Which GFX would you buy at the moment?

Crispy

Which GFX would you buy at the moment?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which GFX would you buy at the moment?

• Geforce 4 ti 4200 / 4400 / 4600
    • Radeon 9500 nonpro & pro
    • Radeon 9700 nonpro & pro
    • Radeon 9800 pro
    • Geforce FX 5800 Ultra
    • Geforce FX 5600 Ultra and non-ultra
    • Geforce FX 5200
    • Other (post which)

Voted 9800, I like to have the latest stuff, and hopefully getting this card with my new system in 2 months. :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention, I've never liked nvidia's cards, since the first 2 I had from them caused BSODs to no end :)

Voted 9800, I like to have the latest stuff, and hopefully getting this card with my new system in 2 months.  :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention, I've never liked nvidia's cards, since the first 2 I had from them caused BSODs to no end  :)

I agree with Aaron! :D

I dont want any...and its really too bad!

I sell and install 9700 and 9800s all the time...but through all my expeience, i just cant stand the **** drivers! They are just terrible. I have had very bad experinces with them in the past as well with my Older Radeon.

As for the FX series, i think they are total crapthe 5200 doesnet even out perform my Ti4200 and the 5600 beats it with Dx9 games...but im not impressed. The 5900 looks interesting but the 5800 seems to be a total faliure.

I like Nvida for the time being, but they messed up big time with the FX...and if ATI can clean up their act with the Catalyst then they will have the market..

:)

=Drew

I have had numerious odd conflictions in systems i have built with ati cards.Commenly when it woul reboot with the error log it would direct the problem back to the driver itself. Just recently i bult a shuttly X pc with a 3.06 and an ati 8500, evertime i would install norton AV or system tools the system would lock and the screen would fill with junk and i would have to reboot, i tryed many drivers but none would fix the prolem. I droped in a MSI ti4200 and the system ran perfectly.

There are also like 5 things u need to install just for the card..and they are like 10-15-mbs a piece. Nvida is one simple download that works well..

My 2 cents

-Drew

Voted 9800, I like to have the latest stuff, and hopefully getting this card with my new system in 2 months.  :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention, I've never liked nvidia's cards, since the first 2 I had from them caused BSODs to no end  :)

I agree with Aaron! :D

i agree....as long as you install the drivers in the correct order ATI is great.

sure Nvidia has only one driver to install but i always get BSOD's and crap.

made me think i was runnin Win ME LOL

There are also like 5 things u need to install just for the card..and they are like 10-15-mbs a piece. Nvida is one simple download that works well..

5? :) I'm not sure why you installed 5 different ATI software for the card to operate, but most of them are optional and not a requirement for the card to operate, like ATI DVD and ATI Multimedia Center, which I've never needed to use. The drivers alone is all you need. The control panel software is also optional.

9800 pro,is kick a** according to all the mags I have.Even with it's lower memory and core speed than the 5800 Nvidia it dominates in the benchmarks.I haven't had many problems with ATI drivers but I have with Detonator.A system builder I met at a show had his modded pc's setup with Nvidia's latest slotted in an Epox board with the Nvidia2 chipset and he tells me he would have nothing to do with ATI and in fact the Radeon 9700 won't even work on the Epox board.It's like everything else,go with what works for you.

• 2 weeks later...

lol i didn't know it was that much.. price from a warehouse :)

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 8X AGP 128MB DDR, Dual Monitor Support with DVI - OEM -2 Year Warranty 866.80

Australian Dollars :|