Universal Extractor

nitro322

VTP is so complicated they had to make their own custom installer, so it cannot be extracted. In my experience, installers that show as Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0 DLL [Overlay] are usually custom.

its vista transformation pack 8.0.1 but no way i've tried universal extractor to unpack it i was getting this message :( and i remenber its not this only one .

compressed with wise installer and it contains other file always compressed with wise. :thumbup:hello:

What are the better tools that can identify archives. We have one or two in ue but i'm needing more. I need to know of the custom packers as above for m$ visual c++ to many of these reports. All archives are custom until you know who they are, then find sollution to unpack them. Please list with urls (if poss) all the archive id softwares that know all and the ones that know the exotic ones used on win32.

Nitro don't give up Uniextractor, please keep it updated with new unpackers and more. :)

Edited by exogenesis

What are the better tools that can identify archives. We have one or two in ue but i'm needing more. I need to know of the custom packers as above for m$ visual c++ to many of these reports. All archives are custom until you know who they are, then find sollution to unpack them. Please list with urls (if poss) all the archive id softwares that know all and the ones that know the exotic ones used on win32.

Try this: www.exeinfo.go.pl

its vista transformation pack 8.0.1 but no way i've tried universal extractor to unpack it i was getting this message :( and i remenber its not this only one .

compressed with wise installer and it contains other file always compressed with wise. :thumbup:hello:

centurion999 do you know how i can unpack it :blushing:

Removed support for Windows 9x due to new Unicode version of AutoIt;
9x was never officially supported, but it will not even execute now

Hi nitro322,

thx for this update.

Could you make a version supported by Windows 9x, even if it had not all the features of the main one?

It would be useful & very appreciated by several people.

The version 1.5 is working well in most cases on these OS's.

CharlesF.

Edited by CharlesF

centurion999 do you know how i can unpack it :blushing:

If you are expert it is not a problem :sneaky:

You must use wise unpacker in the folder uniextract\bin wun.exe

but if you are not expert ahi ahi :rolleyes::hello:

lol centurion999 unfortunately i'am not an expert anyway thank you dude ;)

:rolleyes:

try this:

in folder Uniextract\bin replace the file Userdb.txt (first rename old file in Userdb.old) with file Userdb.zip

open universal extractor

select menu - edit - preferences

uncheck remove duplicate files and remove temporary files

press ok

chose the file to unpack

select destination folder

on request select wun decompressor and wait for finish

in destination folder search file INST0014 19012750 byte long

this is main installer file

use universal extractor on this file

on request select wun decompressor and wait for finish :thumbup

lol centurion999 unfortunately i'am not an expert anyway thank you dude ;)

:rolleyes:

try this:

in folder Uniextract\bin replace the file Userdb.txt (first rename old file in Userdb.old) with file Userdb.zip

open universal extractor

select menu - edit - preferences

uncheck remove duplicate files and remove temporary files

press ok

chose the file to unpack

on request select wun decompressor and wait for finish

in destination folder search file INST0014 19012750 byte long

this is main installer file

use universal extractor on this file

on request select wun decompressor and wait for finish :thumbup

thank you so much centurion999 works fine :thumbup :thumbup

love that program !

have a couple of questions though-

• does updating the TrID def. file- from the TrID official web site interfere with natural uniExtract behavior ?

• same question about updating the PEiD (PE iDentifier) execute...

also(not a question...)

• I wish to translate a hebrew lang. file, for the Hebrew readers community, does such a translation already exist? ,

(if not, how does translation can made?)

• if you wish to get help for updating scripts of program, I'm more then willing to participate.

@Hanschke

1.6 is not dead, Nitro has his own stuff to do and will release it whenever he it satisfied with it.

@eladkarako

You should not update the TrIDDefs file. In an earlier post Nitro said he had heavily modified it and advised against replacing it.

It should be okay to update the PEiD executable, as long as you do not replace userdb.txt (custom PEiD signatures).

A quick search finds no Hebrew translation yet. To make one, open the English.ini in the UniExtract folder and follow the instructions in the top section.

Edited by mushu13

You should not update the TrIDDefs file. In an earlier post Nitro said he had heavily modified it and advised against replacing it.

I can second that. I replaced it and it identified wrongly some common formats that worked fine before.

GL

You should not update the TrIDDefs file....

yep! tested it last night, definitely Corrupting the identification system...

i've update every other execute, bin and dll though, to latest version as supplied by manufacturers.

seems to work slightly better since some unpackers were going out with new threads-supported-execute..

(not upx though..) the upx in the original pack was a 32 dos version.. i've changed it to the upx 32-windows console version... :) (you can see http://upx.sourceforge.net for more details about diffrence between the versions)

I'm presuming when your talking about 1.6, your talking the release version (?)

because 1.6 is avilable for download for some time..

not final version.. but since uniExtract is kind of a script program..

working with outside actual exe.. i'm guessing this is not realy matter.. since if the command-line arguments

are no diffrent from version to version in the external execute the is no realy a reason to update anyway..

Edited by eladkarako