Universal Extractor

nitro322

Version 1.6 Beta don't extract one file from WinAVI 3GP/MP4/PSP/iPod Video Converter from this page:

http://www.winavi.com/en/download/download.htm

File is min,2.bmp from extracted folder winavi_ipod_video_converter\{app}\Skins

Version 1.5 extract whole content correctly.

Confirmed. This appears to be due to a regression from innounp 0.18 to 0.19, which I just reported it on the innounp forum. The innounp author is currently working on a newer version to add compatibility for the latest versions of Inno Setup (which, as pointed out previously, already works quite well); hopefully he'll be able to address this issue as well.

Ok, this one's my bad. The author added a '-a' switch to version 0.19, which instructs innounp to extract all duplicate files as well. min,1.bmp and min,2.bmp are the exact same file, so only the first one is extracted by default. I added -a to the command calling innounp and now both are extracted.

Second time a request this: possibility to unpack password protected rar files.

This should already be possible. When the console window opens to display the current unrar process, it should prompt you to enter a password to extract the RAR file. Does this not happen for you?

Another request: can you add the freeware tool TUGZip

I just checked out TUGZip. While it's license does appear to permit redistribution (which is necessary for UniExtract), it'll increase the size of UniExtract significantly and I'm not sure that we'll get much of a gain from it. Just based on the list you provided, the only formats that I know are not currently supported are SQX and C2D. Additionally there's A, BH, GCA, TAZ, and TZ1, but I don't even know what those are. I'll probably look into this a bit more to be sure, but my initial feeling is that the increased overhead and complexity outweighs the limited benefit of integrating this.

Hi,, I just want to recommend " ZipScan", you can get it from http://www.zipscan.co.uk/opendownload.htm

I can't use this. It's a commercial application.

Second time a request this: possibility to unpack password protected rar files.

This should already be possible. When the console window opens to display the current unrar process, it should prompt you to enter a password to extract the RAR file. Does this not happen for you?

The command windows opens, but it *looks* like it can't be typed in. It just doesn't echo what your typing, so it seems like you are not typing. Possibly contact the UnRar author to see if the password can be shown as * in a future release.

The command windows opens, but it *looks* like it can't be typed in. It just doesn't echo what your typing, so it seems like you are not typing. Possibly contact the UnRar author to see if the password can be shown as * in a future release.

That's just the way it works. Most console apps that I'm familiar with behave that way, for better or worse.

Request: Slovak Translation Update for UniExtract 1.6

I'm trying to get in touch with Peter Ž., aka zilabo. If you're reading this, please contact me regarding your Slovak translation. I tried e-mailing you a couple of times, but it appears that the e-mail address I have for you is no longer valid.

Also, if anyone else is able (and willing) to provide a Slovak translation, feel free to contact me as well. If I don't hear back from zilabo, I'll have to drop the translation going forward unless someone else is willing to maintain it.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Uni Extract fails for inno setup v5.1.6, however it can be unpacked fine if you use commandline for innounp.

7-Zip 4.52 beta  Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Igor Pavlov  2007-08-03

Processing archive: C:\Documents and Settings\KyotoMint\Desktop\gardenflowers.exe

Error: Can not open file as archive

It seems to be picking it up as a 7-zip for some odd reason.

Source file:

http://files3.astrogemini.com/screensavers/gardenflowers.exe

edit:

Came across another v5.1.6 that prompted same problem:

http://www.mazaika.com/soft/c2csetup.zip

Edited by KyotoMint

I am looking to do a custom silent install of the Universal Extractor. I have the silent install working without a problem, but I do not want 2 of the 3 context menu options. How can I deselect those in silent install? I have already tried the SAVINF="filename" command switch to save my custom install settings, but that feature does not seem to be supported with this inno setup. The only other option I can think of is to use the /COMPONENTS switch, but I don't know the name of any of the components.

So, my question is: How can I silently disable the "UnExtract files..." and "UnExtract here" context menus with switches to the UniversalExtractor setup file? (I can make an AutoIT script, but that is a last resort. There MUST be a way to silently disable these two checkboxes!)

Executables compressed with "PECompact 2.x -> Jeremy Collake" don't seem to be able to be extracted with Uniextract 1.5 or the latest 1.6 Beta, but they are able to be extracted with unpecomp2.exe (able to be found via Google or www.pediy.com/tools/unpacker.htm). Will Uniextract be able to extract these in a future version?

Great utility :) But I tried to install it on another XP Pro SP2 system and though it seemed to install okay, it seems to have uninstalled itself and I ended up with the "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\uniextract" error (as mentioned here) on subsequent reinstallations.

Any suggestions, please?

Cheers!

can the new version incorporate support for updating innounp? this way we can only replace innounp.exe when a new version comes out.
uhmmm, this is exactly what i do (by hand)... and it works... :D so did you ever try to do that?

could you add the extension msu? it is the file extension for microsoft updates for vista and server2008. universal extractor can unpack them, but the contect menu is missing.

Will check it out. Can you please post a link to an example file?

Uni Extract fails for inno setup v5.1.6, however it can be unpacked fine if you use commandline for innounp.

Weird. I'll have to investigate. Thanks for reporting it.

I am looking to do a custom silent install of the Universal Extractor.

Try running the installer with '/?'. It'll show you a list of all supported command line switches and parameters. Specifically, look for available tasks. I think that should answer your question. If not, please post back.

Executables compressed with "PECompact 2.x -> Jeremy Collake" don't seem to be able to be extracted with Uniextract 1.5 or the latest 1.6 Beta, but they are able to be extracted with unpecomp2.exe (able to be found via Google or www.pediy.com/tools/unpacker.htm). Will Uniextract be able to extract these in a future version?

Will check it out. Can you please post a link to an example file?

can the new version incorporate support for updating innounp? this way we can only replace innounp.exe when a new version comes out.

As BigRandalo suggested, this can be done easily yourself. Just download the new innounp and overwrite the older innounp.exe in the UniExtract bin\ directory. I don't plan on adding any automatic support for this, as new versions may behave differently and as a result break UniExtract if it's not properly tested.