Universal Extractor

nitro322

Btw, about .dmg extraction, I've found a replacement to dmg2iso/dmg2img. It's called DMGExtractor.

However it is written in Java. It could be included in UniExtract and only launched if a jvm is found otherwise a message could be displayed. It is 73KB so it won't cost much.

I've asked DMGExtractor's author to help me compiling his work with gcj. Right now it seems not to work well with gcj, the executable produced taking several tens of MBs.

Yeah I was just being "funny". Yeah sorry missed that though, thanks for the info...

Sorry, I didn't mean to get on your case like that.

I just hate to see someones work put down when all their trying to do is create something to benefit others without asking anything in return.

I'm sure this wasn't your intention though :) .

I'm facing a problem with an apllication when I extract it using this useful tool "uniextract". I can extract every thing in the installer except any folder contains spaces like: "Visual C++". I already test it with the latest uniextract v1.6 beta without success.

This was a bug in my parsing logic. I've corrected it for future versions.

Thanks for reporting this. Please let me know if you encounter any similar behavior in the final version once it's released.

Version 1.6 Beta don't extract one file from WinAVI 3GP/MP4/PSP/iPod Video Converter from this page:

http://www.winavi.com/en/download/download.htm

File is min,2.bmp from extracted folder winavi_ipod_video_converter\{app}\Skins

Version 1.5 extract whole content correctly.

Confirmed. This appears to be due to a regression from innounp 0.18 to 0.19, which I just reported it on the innounp forum. The innounp author is currently working on a newer version to add compatibility for the latest versions of Inno Setup (which, as pointed out previously, already works quite well); hopefully he'll be able to address this issue as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Second time a request this: possibility to unpack password protected rar files.

Another request: can you add the freeware tool TUGZip, which support:

# ZIP, 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, BH, BZ2, CAB, CPIO, DEB, GCA, GZ, IMP, JAR, LHA (LZH), LIB, RAR, RPM, SQX, TAR, TGZ, TBZ, TAZ, YZ1 and ZOO archives.
# BIN, C2D, IMG, ISO and NRG disc-images.

Thanks.

Its Windows 98SE. Is it the operating system, the cause of problem.

Yes, Windows 9x does not function correctly with Universal Extractor. Beginning with v1.6, UniExtract will no longer work at all under 9x due to a combination of changes in AutoIt and the continued difficulties involved in trying to make it work under the older and unsupported OS.

If you need to use it under 9x, please look through the last few pages of this thread. I exchanged posts with another 9x user, and he did some testing of various UniExtract versions to see which worked best. You may want to give that a try.

I was that user!

Rather belatedly, I can pass on that version 1.3.1 was the most successful under Windows 98SE on my system.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Dave.

:)