Universal Extractor

nitro322

Do you use Total Commander clients in UniExtractor. Or is that the reason for needing decode/extract tools. Should i first check which ones Total Commander can do now. And concentrate collecting the ones Total Commander hasn't got listed.

Files for any of the could be easily made up for you to test with. Or Nitro you could get an Amiga emulator running on your pc, using WinUAE or other emulator.

Yeah, I can use most Total Commander plugins (thanks to cmdTotal), but I still need formats to test with. I need to verify that TrID can properly detect the formats, know which labels it uses for the formats, know what extensions the files use, and then figure out the proper syntax for the extraction tools, including any special workarounds that I may have to add. I can't do any of that without test files. I currently have about 3 GB worth of test files that I use to make sure UniExtract bahaves properly, but not one Amiga format file is included.

If you could get may, say, two examples of each format that you want supported, that'd be a huge help.

Will take a while, there are many compressors on the amiga os. I will do or get, two different files for each compressor. The main compressor variants will be easy enough to locate for you. For the many remaining, i will make new compressed archives, for you to test.

If it is possible for on the fly looking at installer achive contents. Without unpacking them at all, like how the a/v and other tools do it now for .zip and .rar files. I can at the moment easily check with an a/v software. A 10gb rar file without it being unpacked in memory or hard drive on the fly. Do you know yet how that can be done with UniExtractor or something to look more into, to do it.

I'll look into adding virus scanning support, but it almost certainly won't be this complex. Probably the best I could do would be to add the option to scan the file as a whole before extraction begins, and/or scan all of the extracted files after extraction is complete. Even that is a big maybe at this point, as I don't use A/V software myself and only have experience with just a couple of engines.

I'll see what I can do, but don't get your hopes up too high. :-)

Scan the file whole before extraction begins, then automaticaly quiting. Before any unpacking commences, before moving to the next installer file. That does sound, a good way to implementing this.

[body bits crossed in anticipation :lol:]

These are seen as .zip files in v1.6b and fail to extract. Tested in v1.5 all unpack correctly.

Here are my results:

AI RoboForm v6.9.6 - custom installer; support added

AutoRun Pro Enterprise - Inno Setup - fixed; improperly identified as a Zip file by TrID, but I was able to add a workaround

Blubster - Wise Installer - this actually is supported, but you need to disable the "Remove temporary files" preference and use the WUN method; not sure why, but the actual filenames cannot be resolved

CompuPic Pro v6.23.1364 - not fixed; this is some kind of SFX installer, but I can't figure out any way to just rip out the files

FilePipe v2.7R (p2p).exe - SetUp Factory - Setup Factory 7.0 files cannot be supported; only older 6.0 files

Internet Download Manager - not fixed; this is some kind of SFX installer (again), but I can't figure out any way to just rip out the files

NetstatLive v2.11 - not fixed; I've messed with AnalogX installers in the past and have never been able to get them to work; I can't even figure out what it's using; I think it may be some unique (to AnalogX) installer format

DropIt v5 and DropIt Pro v5 - not fixed; can't figure these out

Drive Snapshot - Nullsoft Installer - this works fine for me; it's extracted with cmdTotal + InstallExplorer; what error are you seeing?

Hard Drive Visulization - Inno Installer

Zero Assumption Recovery - Inno Installer - fixed; same issue that caused the problem with AutoRun Pro Enterprise

Here can you find a lot of the people which are creating the unpackers (releases are posted). Registration required.

REZiriz v1.0 [08/16/07]

[*] Unpacking Eziriz .NET Reactor v3.3.0.1
[*] Unpacking Eziriz .NET Reactor v3.2.4.6
[*] Unpacking Eziriz .NET Reactor v3.2.0.6
[*] Unpacking Eziriz .NET Reactor v3.2.0.0
[*] Unpacking Eziriz .NET Reactor v3.1.0.0

Site Author

Download

For testing: the original installer of Eziriz protector.

ArmaDetach v1.3 [07/20/07]

[*] Unpacking Armadillo v3.78 to v5.00

Site Author (Check also this site for the very good other unpackers of apOx!)

Download

Forum Thread by apOx (creator) himself

Forum Thread for all existing Armadillo unpackers (for other version).

RL!dePeCompact 2.x Unpacker

[*] Unpacking PeCompact v2.x versions

Site Author

Download

For testing: Everest Poker.net

Another example one of his very great programs. It's RL!dePacker 1.4. One thing: most time it makes only an unpacked.exe also for completely normal files. Maybe Nitro know what to do with it.

Supporting list:

aUS [Advanced UPX Scrambler] 0.4 - 0.5
ASPack 1.x - 2.x
ASPack Scrambler 0.1
ASDPack 2.0
AHPack 1.x
AlexProtector 1.x
ARMProtector 0.x
BJFNT 1.3
BeRoEXEPacker 1.x
BamBam 0.x
CryptoPeProtector 0.9x
Crunch x.x
CodeCrypt 0.16x
dot Fake Signer 3.x
dePack
eXPressor 1.2.x - 1.5.x
EZip 1.0
EP Protector 0.3
Escargot 0.x
EXEStealth 2.x
ExeSax 0.9x
FSG 1.xx & 2.0
Fusion x.x
Goat's PE Mutilator 1.6
hmimys-Packer 1.x
Hmimys PePack 1.0
HidePX 1.4
HidePE 2.1
ID Application Protector 1.2
JDPack 1.x
JDProtect 0.9
Just Another Pe Packer 0.5
KByS Packer 0.2x
Krypton 0.x
LameCrypt 1.0
MEW 1.x
mkfpack
NackedPack 1.0
nSPack 2.x - 3.x
nPack 1.x
NeoLite 1.x - 2.0
NWCC
OrIEN 2.1x
PECompact 1.x - 2.x
PeX 0.99
PC Shrink 0.71
Polyene 0.01
PackMan 0.0.0.1 & 1.0
PE Diminisher 0.1
PolyCrypt PE 2.1.5
PeTite 1.x
PEStubOEP 1.6
PELockNT 2.x
PePack 1.0
PC PE Encryptor alpha
PackItBitch
PEncrypt 4.0
PEnguinCrypt 1.0
PeLockNt 2.x
PeLock 1.0x
PESHiELD 0.25
Perplex PE-Protector 1.x
PeTite 1.0 - 1.3
PKLITE32 1.x
RLP 0.6.9 - 0.7.x
RLPack Basic Edition 1.x
RLPack Modifier Edition 1.x
ReCrypt 0.15 - 0.80
Stone`s PE Encryptor 2.0
StealthPE 2.1
Software Compress 1.x
SPLayer 0.08
ShrinkWarp 1.4
SPEC b3
SmokesCrypt 1.2
Simple UPX-Scrambler
SimplePack 1.x
SLVc0deProtector 1.x
tELock 0.x
UPX 0.8x - 2.x
UPXRedir
UPXCrypt
UPX Inkvizitor
UPXFreak 0.1
UPolyX 0.x
UPXLock 1.x
UG Chruncher 0.x
UPX-Scrambler RC 1.x
UPX Protector 1.0x
UPXs*** 0.06 & 0.0.1
UPXScramb 2.x
VirogenCrypt 0.75
VPacker 0.02.10
WWPack32 1.x
WinUPack 0.2x - 0.3x
Winkript 1.0
yC 1.x
yZPack 1.x - 2.x
32Lite 0.3a
!EP (ExE Pack) 1.x
[G!X]`s Protector 1.2

FilePipe v2.7R (p2p).exe - SetUp Factory - Setup Factory 7.0 files cannot be supported; only older 6.0 files

RL!dePacker does the job

CompuPic Pro v6.23.1364 - not fixed; this is some kind of SFX installer, but I can't figure out any way to just rip out the files

RL!dePacker does the job

Internet Download Manager - not fixed; this is some kind of SFX installer (again), but I can't figure out any way to just rip out the files

RL!dePacker does the job

NetstatLive v2.11 - not fixed; I've messed with AnalogX installers in the past and have never been able to get them to work; I can't even figure out what it's using; I think it may be some unique (to AnalogX) installer format

RL!dePacker does the job

NOTE: not all packages are supported.

Request: can you add support to type a password if a RAR file is password protect?

Edited by Inferi0r

Nitro at least you ironed out some of them, and have some test files for the others not yet able to do.

I will keep looking through my different pc's for those installer and other packed archives. That don't unpack with UniExtractor lastest two versions. We can all make Universal Extractor more than it's current version is. Just by posting a link here to those don't don't extract.

The tip for not deleting temporary files i did not know, i prefer no temporary files kept. For the archives and installers that need this, could this be automated by UniExtractor in the background. After extractor returning to the last user chosen setting, for deleting or not deleting temporary files.

I use UniExtractor only with right mouse click menu (desktop integration). Sometimes there is a option for identify the file, this never seems to work. Even on known file that can be extracted. Is there plans for this option to be available for any file type known, for files with or without an extension.

I am having problems with a file, i am getting this error:

Untitled-3.jpg

It scans the file and stops at VISE and then returns an error.

Also USSF was unable to find out the type of packer that was used to pack the file. Any comments? Thanks.

hmmm seems to be the perfect place for ma problem....guys i have to install 4-5000 files.WHich might take few days.So what i want is extract them using uniextract and then move the files to where they belong.This is the type of files i have to install:

http://rapidshare.com/files/47849535/Daz3D...hforms.exe.html

they dont install any exes,no registery change.....all they do is extract files to 5-6 predetermined directories.The files in the installer vary and accordingly their destination directories.

The thing is when i extract them with uniextract,it simply extracts them to a folder called main.So i wud have to fgure which file goes where.

Is there any way uniextract extracts them with the directory structure intact??

it seems like the installer takes directions from a script which is a .bin file.Can anyone help me out with this.....download the file its just 500kb.When extracted,the main folder will have 3 files how can i know which file goes where??

I am having problems with a file, i am getting this error:

Which version of Windows are you using?

Its Windows 98SE. Is it the operating system, the cause of problem.

Yes it is. You can't run properly UniExtract under windows 9x.

@nitro, you should add a check in uniextract : 3 lines of code which should help a lot.

I've taken a look at your file and wonder if you can't simply use unattended switchs or softs such as AutoHotkey and AutoIt which automate key strokes and mouse actions.

automate using keystrokes is a big no no....i tried but the loction of the gui varies alot in those 5000 installers.I tried USSF to find silent switch for the installer and it says unknown installer type.Even searched the net and the site of the vendor.Am new to silent installations....although i have used WPI but configuring WPI for those 5000 files will still be a big hassel.cud someone give me a general idea in basic steps how can i attempt to install these files silently

Its Windows 98SE. Is it the operating system, the cause of problem.

Yes, Windows 9x does not function correctly with Universal Extractor. Beginning with v1.6, UniExtract will no longer work at all under 9x due to a combination of changes in AutoIt and the continued difficulties involved in trying to make it work under the older and unsupported OS.

If you need to use it under 9x, please look through the last few pages of this thread. I exchanged posts with another 9x user, and he did some testing of various UniExtract versions to see which worked best. You may want to give that a try.

@nitro, you should add a check in uniextract : 3 lines of code which should help a lot.

This will be done beginning with v1.6. In the past, although I didn't officially support 9x, I tried to at least make it mostly functional. That obviously failed. :-) Along with AutoIt's change to Unicode, it just won't run under 9x at all anymore.

automate using keystrokes is a big no no....i tried but the loction of the gui varies alot in those 5000 installers.I tried USSF to find silent switch for the installer and it says unknown installer type.Even searched the net and the site of the vendor.Am new to silent installations....although i have used WPI but configuring WPI for those 5000 files will still be a big hassel.cud someone give me a general idea in basic steps how can i attempt to install these files silently

I'll check out the installer when I get some time. Probably over the weekend.

Quick Unpack

The program is intended for fast (in a few seconds) unpacking of simple packers (ASPack, ASProtect (old versions), ExeCryptor (old versions), ExeFog, FSG, HidePE, HidePX, LameCrypt, MEW, Orien, PackMan, PECompact, PEDiminisher, PE-PACK, PEX, TeLock (not all versions), UPX, WinUPack, Yoda Protector and many others).

http://qunpack.ahteam.org

Generic Unpacker is unpacker for some simple packers like upx, fsg, aspack and similar

http://deroko.phearless.org/

VMUnpacker

This tool based on the technology of virtual machine, it could unpack various known & unknown shells. It is suitable for unpacking the shelled Trojan horse in virus analyses, and because all codes are run under the virtual machine, so they will not take any danger to your system..

By testing, this version could support 57 kinds shells (include 300 versions).

The detailed list:

upx 0.5x-3.00 All Version

BeRoEXEPacker

aspack 1.x--2.x All Version

PEcompact 0.90--1.76 2.06--2.79 All Version

fsg v1.0 v1.1 v1.2 v1.3 v1.31 v1.33 v2.0 All Version

vgcrypt v0.75

nspack 1.4--4.1 All Version

expressor v1.0 v1.1 v1.2 v1.3 v1.4 v1.501

npack v1.5 v2.5 v3.0

dxpack v0.86 v1.0

!epack v1.0 !epack v1.4

bjfnt v1.2 v1.3

mew5 mew v1.0 v1.1

packman v1.0

PEDiminisher v0.1

pex v0.99

petite v1.2 v1.3 v1.4 v2.2 v2.3 All Version

winkript v1.0

pklite32

pepack v0.99 v1.0

pcshrinker v0.71

wwpack32 1.0--1.2

upack 0.1--0.32 0.33--0.399

rlpack 1.11--1.14 1.15--1.18

exe32pack v1.42

kbys v0.22 v0.28

yoda's protector v1.02 v1.025 v1.03.2

yoda's crypt v1.1

yoda's crypt v1.2 v1.3 v1.xModify

XJ

exestealth 2.72--2.76

hidepe v1.0 v1.1

jdpack v1.01 v2.1 v2.13

jdprotect 0.9b

PEncrypt v3.0 v3.1 v4.0

Stone's PE Crypt v1.13

telock v0.42 v0.51 v0.60 v0.70 v0.71 v0.80 v0.85 v0.90 v0.92 v0.95 v0.96 v0.98 v0.99

ezip

hmimys_pack v1.0

lamecrypt v1.0

depack

polyene v0.01

dragonArmour

EP Protector v0.3

PackItBitch

trojan_protect

anti007 v2.5 v2.6

mkfpack

yzpack v1.1 v2.0