Universal Extractor

nitro322

Great work,that's one $^%& of a changelog. You're like a machine :D

Just a quick question: Will you _ever_ add support for extracting Nullsoft PIMP installers?

IMO,PIMP is one of the most annoying installers ever created.People are still using this one on purpose,knowing that almost no app is able to extract it :(

I don't like installing tons of trash (and malware) on my system (most times I only need a single file from the package)

Most of the stuff I have/download (when there's no SFX/zipped version available) turns out to be 'pimped'

Edited by synth

Just a quick question: Will you _ever_ add support for extracting Nullsoft PIMP installers?

Is this different than NSIS? UniExtract has had limited support for NSIS installers since version 1.2.1 via 7-Zip, and expanded support since version 1.5 via cmdtotal w/ InstallExplorer. It's still not complete and total support (I think there's at least one particular compression method that's not supported), but for the most part it works decently well. Can you provide any examples (with links) of installers that are not supported?

History

NSIS was created to distribute Winamp. It is based on a previous Nullsoft product, PiMP (plugin Mini Packager), and is also known as SuperPiMP. After version 2.0a0, the project was moved to SourceForge where developers outside of Nullsoft started working on it on a regular basis. NSIS 2.0 was released approximately two years later.

NSIS version 1 is in many ways similar to the classic Windows Installer, but it is more easily scriptable and supports more compression formats. NSIS version 2 has a new streamlined graphical user interface and supports LZMA compression, multiple languages, and an easy plugin system.

seems to be some old stuff :>

I was using the latest v1.5 official release,but for some odd reason those files couldn't be extracted.

I solved the issue by extracting the binary archive,overwriting the previous files. Now it unpacks those files properly :)

[EDIT] Updated the previous post with 2 new (currently unsupported) examples

Edited by synth

[EDIT] Updated the previous post with 2 new (currently unsupported) examples

If you post new links to unsupported packages, please post them as new posts. It'll make it much easier for me to keep track of what I have/have not already checked.

As for the two you added above, the Inno Setup one will be supported in the next version (just needs a newer version of innounp), but I can't figure out how to extract the other one. I can't even figure out what kind of installer it is. :-(

I can't figure out how to extract the other one. I can't even figure out what kind of installer it is. :-(

in_sap22.exe is Nullsoft Install System v1.96. On the sourceforge page v1.98 (2002) and older is shown as "Legacy NSIS"

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22049

unless you were talking about the HE PSF plugin which is a "ESP Installer".

unless you were talking about the HE PSF plugin which is a "ESP Installer".

Yep, that's the one. Any ideas how to extract files from it? I'm completely unfamiliar with that type of installer, and I haven't had any luck with searching or experimenting.

Unfortunately, I can't even get to the MSP file. I'm unable to extract the main installer, which tells me that, "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing..." It won't even let me extract the files using the command you provided.

Damnit.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that you need the latest .NET framework installed in order to use that parameter.

To recap:

.net framework 3 here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

The executable is here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

The command line is this one:

VS7.1sp1-KB927696-X86.exe /Xp:c:\destinationfoldername\

And the resulting .MSP file is what gives UniExtract some problems with the filenames.

PS: Thanks for the tips regarding the new installshield files. I'll use those tools in the meantime. Let's hope that UniExtract will be able to support them in the near future :)

Kind regards.

where did u get it cause it is nof official?

I compiled it myself, using the InnoSetup sources that Jared makes freely available on his site.

you compile a software that is supposed to extract everything and it can't extract it's host EXE.

I tried to extract your EXE with the version I've installed from you EXE and it gave me an error.

Please try to make an zip file or use something else to compile it.

Btw, for anyone interested, here's the current changelog for this release. It's still a work in progress, but I figure I'd post this here now to get feedback on any important issues that I've not yet addressed.

Added support for LZMA compressed files

Thanks!

And LZMA SDK is 4.49 now.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...lease_id=521029