Universal Extractor

nitro322

I don't know if it was mentioned, but I can't extract Windows Hotfixes any longer. Please make an update.

It was mentioned, but I know this is a big issue so it's worth repeating. If you come across any specific hotfixes that do not work, please post download links here. I need to actually scan them with TrID in order to update the signature file. This will improve detection in future releases.

It was mentioned, but I know this is a big issue so it's worth repeating. If you come across any specific hotfixes that do not work, please post download links here. I need to actually scan them with TrID in order to update the signature file. This will improve detection in future releases.

This is a general problem with Version 1.5. Version 1.4.2 worked perfectly. And sorry, I can't give you the links to the new hotfixes, because I requested them from support for some special problems.

This is a general problem with Version 1.5. Version 1.4.2 worked perfectly. And sorry, I can't give you the links to the new hotfixes, because I requested them from support for some special problems.

Can you tell us what TrID returns?

UNOFFICIAL RELEASE:

Universal Extractor x 1.5.0.1!

Changelog from 1.5:

1.5.0.1 (06/26/2007):

Recompiled UniExtract.au3 with AutoIt v3.2.4.9, packed with UPX 3.00 using --ultra-brute

Changed URL in UniExtract.au3 to point to MSXML6.0SP1 (MSXML4 is strongly deprecated)

Updated 7-Zip engine to 4.48 beta

Updated PeaZip engine to 1.8

Updated TrID defs to 06/12/2007

Updated RAR engine to 3.70

Updated UPX engine to 3.00

Updated InnoUNP engine to 0.19

Removed Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese translations due to lack of sources

This release has sorta-approval from The Man himself; I've tried to strike a balance between making it clear that this isn't one of Jared's official releases, while still making sure his name's well-plastered on it (since he did the actual coding, and I'm merely supplying some butchery).

Yes, that's today's release of 7-Zip. Yes, I know that the DLL version string says "4.47". I dinna compile it.

Grab it here on MegaUpload (apologies; I don't have hosting).

Edit: I should make clear that this release has only been tested on a few machines, in a few scenarios, in English language, on XP SP2 x86. But it's not exactly a striking departure from 1.5.

Edit: ...aaaand I forgot to re-recompile UniExtract.au3. The internal strings say "1.6." Please disregard that. That was my first version string before I talked with Jared and he asked me to make it more clear that it wasn't an official release.

Edited by xnguard

Can you tell us what TrID returns?

This is the output for WindowsXP-KB935989-x86-DEU.exe:

TrID/32 - File Identifier v2.02 - (C) 2003-06 By M.Pontello
Definitions found: 2359
Analyzing...

Collecting data from file: D:\WindowsXP-KB935989-x86-DEU.exe
63.0% (.EXE) Win32 Executable MS Visual C++ (generic) (37706/45/16)
Definition : exe-msvc++.trid.xml
Files : 565
Author : Marco Pontello
E-Mail : marcopon@nospam@myrealbox.com
Home Page : http://mark0.ngi.it
Related URL: http://www.microsoft.com

17.5% (.EXE) Win32 Executable Generic (10527/13/4)
Definition : exe-win.trid.xml
Files : 67
Author : Marco Pontello
E-Mail : marco-nospam@myrealbox.com
Home Page :