Universal Extractor

nitro322

I could not solve the PRoblem. I uninstalled both uniextract and Winrar, deleted all registry entrys manually and rebooted. After installing uniextract the error was still there. I do not know whats wrong.

Sorr, ma$e, I don't know what could be causing that problem off the top of my head. Let me give it some more thought and see if I can find a way to replicate it on my end.

I was just wondering if it can open the Folder wher files are extracted to. It would be helpfull too.

That's not a bad idea. I think it might be nice to have a small options page where you can set this option, whether or not you want it to maintain your history in the registry, etc. I wouldn't want to set it by default, though, because it would probably get it my way more often than not.

for the install shield files..

thers is many programs you should look too to add

Thanks, freeko! I'm always on the lookout for better programs to handle extraction. I'll be sure to check these out and see what improvements I can make.

I reupload IS3 unpacker

Got it, thanks.

any updates on this?

It's still on my todo list, just been very busy with other things. The curious are welcome to check out my software page to some of the other stuff I've been working on:

http://www.legroom.net/mysoft

If you want a zip file using Store, Deflate, Deflate64 and Bzip2 (Created with KZIP, 7-zip and ZIPMIX): Test File

ggf31416, is there any chance you can repost this file? I didn't download it when you originally posted it, and now it's expired. It sounds like a good test case to work with.

Thanks.

Just to give everyone a heads up, I made some progress on the next version over the weekend. I've posted my current todo list below for anyone interested (completed items are at the bottom). Note that probably not all items on this list will be incorporated in the next version, but it'll give you an idea of what I'll be working on.

In the meantime I could use some assistance on a few of these items:

7-zip version, NSIS support

I'm currently using v4.40 beta. The current version is 4.42 stable. The issue is that v4.40 extracts the .nsi script along with the files for NSIS installers, whereas v4.42 only extracts the files. This change was made in version 4.41 because of objections raised by NSIS users. My question - should I continue to use version 4.40 for the .nsi script extraction, or should I move on to the latest stable version? Is .nsi extraction really necessary for anyone? Personally, I'm far more interested in getting the files than getting the .nsi script.

Sample archives

I need sample files for the following archives/installers in order to test and/or add support for new formats. Please list download links for each of them, the more the better.

• Setup Factory (need separate versions, v5, v6, and v7)
  • "type-1" and "type-2" Microsoft hotfixes (please distinguish between the two)
  • ASprotect
  • MHT
  • NSIS compressed with bzip2

4nt fix

clauderenaud reported an issue with UniExtract when using 4nt as the default system command processor vs. cmd.exe. Apparently he figured out how to fix it, but I'd like to know how so other users can benefit from the fix as well. clauderenaud, could you please post how you fixed this?

investigate better InstallSheild .exe extraction (include support files in addition to MSI) - comment 98
7-zip version - current beta version being used extracts .nsi - newer versions do not. Preference?
separate associated file types for Windows Explorer sorting? - comment 116
add support for Setup Factory installers (need samples) - comment 121
get 4nt shell solution from clauderenaud - comment 154
link to Chinese port - comment 161
add internationalization support? - comment 161
fix support for "type-2" hotfixes - comment 166
can PhotoStory3.exe be supported - comment 169
support ASprotect files? (need samples) - comment 169
add support for InstallShield3 (*.z), old-NSIS(compressed in BZip2), MHT-files - comment 170
Incorporate output within AutoIt GUI rather than spawning external shell(s)
add Chinese version to website
troubleshoot cdcbase275.exe - comment 172
add InstallShield 3 unpacker? - comment 184
troubleshoot comment 185
add option to open destination folder after extraction - comment 193
add additional InstallShield decompilers - comment 195
add OLE extraction support? (need download link for olex_d)- comment 195
add JPEG extraction support? - comment 195

- check 7za.exe to see if current version supports all 7z.exe formats
- typo - IstallShield package
- upgrade PEiD to 0.94
- use innounp to extract embedded Inno Setup files - comment 114
- PEiD - run deep scan, then hardcore scan
- PEiD - support external signatures
- decompress packed files - UPX, Aspack - comment 102
- support Zip archives using Bzip2 compression - comment 151, 153, 177
- add support for UHARC - comment 177
- investigate KGB archiver support - comment 182 - added
- can skypesetup.exe be supported? - comment 154 - nope

If you want a zip file using Store, Deflate, Deflate64 and Bzip2 (Created with KZIP, 7-zip and ZIPMIX): Test File

ggf31416, is there any chance you can repost this file? I didn't download it when you originally posted it, and now it's expired. It sounds like a good test case to work with.

Thanks.

You can create a zip with multiple compression methods by yourself, but if you want an example :hello:

http://rapidshare.de/files/31143658/Groff-KDB.ZIP.html (335 KB)

As I already said, I would recommend to use 7-zip as secondary (or main) unpacker for zip archives (using -aos switch to don't lose time extracting existing files) if info-zip fails.

BTW since 4.43 alpha 3, 7-zip supports most zips with incorrect headers, which previous versions of 7-zip refused to open. B)

Edited by ggf31416

No. When I said this, I made a big mistake.

You can read 7zip's help file, it is pretty clearly stated.

Yeah, but I still wanted to be certain. I'm all up for saving a couple MB here and there. :)

I'm interested sometimes in getting also the .nsi and inno script.

Thanks for the feedback, Giorgio_ap.

You can create a zip with multiple compression methods by yourself, but if you want an example :hello:

Yeah, I know, I followed your earlier instructions to create a zip/bzip2 test file with 7-zip, and should have that working now. However, I still wanted this file to ensure that I also have any variations covered. The more test cases I have to work with, the more robust format support will be overall.

As I already said, I would recommend to use 7-zip as secondary (or main) unpacker for zip archives (using -aos switch to don't lose time extracting existing files) if info-zip fails.

BTW since 4.43 alpha 3, 7-zip supports most zips with incorrect headers, which previous versions of 7-zip refused to open. B)

I'm doing exactly that, now. :)

I also saw the new 7-Zip alpha releases; however, at this time reliability still seems pretty questionable. I'd rather hold off until the next stable version, unless they add support for a new format that I simply can't live without (such as the NSIS support in the v4.40 beta). I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure, though.

No. When I said this, I made a big mistake.

You can read 7zip's help file, it is pretty clearly stated.

Yeah, but I still wanted to be certain. I'm all up for saving a couple MB here and there. :)

Command Line Version User's Guide

7z.exe is command line versions of 7-Zip. 7z.exe uses other modules from 7-Zip package.

7za.exe is a standalone version of 7-Zip. 7za.exe supports only 7z, zip, gzip, bzip2, Z and tar formats. 7za.exe doesn't use other modules.

:P

And yesterday somebody sent some .ace files.

I was really wondering how I could extract them.

Stupid me. :P

Thanks a lot nitro322 for this great app. :thumbup

Edited by Camarade_Tux

MHT - Internet Explorer can save in this format

I always get an error when trying to do it, "This page cannot be save." Don't know what the deal is. I use nLite to rip a hell of a lot of crap out of my system, though, so I could've broken MHT support in the process. I'd appreciate it if someone could post a link to sample file.

Thanks.

Edited by nitro322