Universal Extractor

nitro322

Bug report: when I try to right-click on occupied(busy) file getting this error :

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7196/un...ctorfailvc2.jpg

Surfer, can you please provide a little more detail? I've never seen that error message before with any application. I have absolutely no idea what could cause it. Can you please give me an example that I can follow to duplicate it?

I hope you implement in the next version: Nullsoft NSIS v2.18 to extract Archive, Wihu & kgb archiver.

NSIS support is already included, though it could still be considered expiremental as there are certain types of NSIS installers that it still cannot extract.

I believe I've already looked at KGB and determined that it couldn't be supported. I don't remember the details, though, so I'll add it to my list to check again.

ggf31416 had requested support for UHARC archives a few posts ago. I'll look into it as well.

nitro322

Sorry , I can not duplicate this error (it was not from UniExtractor) :)

I have idea , how UniExtractor will be support more install format's :

Install Shield 3 unpacker : I upload it to : http://up-file.com/download/c37904282852/I...00.062.zip.html

Other greatest tool's ( but they works only in TotalCommander :( ):

http://wincmd.ru/files/msi-pluswcx.zip (can unpack MSI more correctly , than UniExtractor)

http://www.totalcmd.net/files/MhtUnp_0.1.1.zip (MHT unpacker)

http://wincmd.ru/files/wcx_InstallExplorer_0.9.1.zip (COOL stuff , can unpack script's and files from: Wise , Vise , Inno Setup , Gentee Installer , InstallShield , NullSoft Installer (ver>=1.1o) , SetupFactory , Eschalon , Msi)

Who have any ideas about working without TotalCommander ?

And anybody have ideas about "CreateInstall" unpacking ?

I need help!

But first of all I want to thank you for this great tool!

209214.gif

But now I have a problem. Every time I extract an archive (it doesn't matter which type, or how I produced the archive) I get this message:

unbenanntvh7.th.png

The uniextract.txt says:

7-Zip 4.40 beta Copyright © 1999-2006 Igor Pavlov 2006-05-01

Processing archive: J:\JRE5.CAB

Extracting entries.ini

Extracting jre5.exe

Everything is Ok

And everything was extracted to c:\ and not to the chosen destination.

This Problem did occure since reinstalled version 1.2.1, after the installation of the newest Beta of Winrar killed the Explorer context menu integration.

Whats wrong?

Edited by ma$e

I get this error when I try to extract an patch for a game. It's an exe, would it be possible to support C++ self extracting archives in the future, or do they have some sort of inbuilt scipts or something

untitledgi7.th.jpg

Edited by MisterH

Sorry guys, have been out of town for a couple weeks. Let me try to catch up on some replies.

I have idea , how UniExtractor will be support more install format's:

Surfer, I cannot download Install Shield 3 unpacker from the link you provided. Can you please verify?

As for the other suggestions, as you mentioned, they only work with TotalCommander. If someone can figure out how to make them work indepently of TotalCommander then I'd love to integrate them into UniExtract, but so far I haven't had any luck doing that myself.

And anybody have ideas about "CreateInstall" unpacking?

I'm not familiar with it, but if you can figure out how to extract files from any of their installers from the command line, please let me know and I'll be happy to add support.

But now I have a problem. Every time I extract an archive (it doesn't matter which type, or how I produced the archive) I get this message:

ma$e, I don't know what's wrong off hand. I'd recommend uninstalling UniExtract completely (to remove all existing UniExtract registry keys), rebooting (to force Windows to forget about any associations), then installing it again. If that still doesn't work, let me know.

I get this error when I try to extract an patch for a game. It's an exe, would it be possible to support C++ self extracting archives in the future, or do they have some sort of inbuilt scipts or something

MisterH, that's pretty generic filetype. It could've been compressed using a variety of different options. The way I handle those now is I have 7zip and InfoZip both try to list the contents of the file; if either can do this, then it can extract the contents as well. If they both fail, then it displays the error message that you're seeing.

Now, it's possible that there may be some other way to extract the files, but I'd need to do some specific testing on that file. If you send me a link to download it, I'll check it out and see if I can find any way to do it.

get the same as above only for C++ 6.0

Boomer, the same information applies here as well.

and another...

I think I've tried messing with aspack stuff before and didn't have any luck with it. However, I wouldn't mind trying again to confirm that. Can you send me a link to the file?

I could not solve the PRoblem. I uninstalled both uniextract and Winrar, deleted all registry entrys manually and rebooted. After installing uniextract the error was still there. I do not know whats wrong.

Edited by ma$e

for the install shield files..

thers is many programs you should look too to add

i3comp

to un/pack files with *.z *.lib files

stix_d

to unpack SFX files of install shiled v3.0

i5comp

to un/pack files with *.cab

if the setup is seperated into disks ( you should find data1.cab, data2.cab,.. inside folders like Disk1, Disk2,..) you should combine before extract.. so i5comp can do so..

i6comp (what you did)

i7comp, isunpack,.

it supports v7.0 of install shiled (not v9.0).. i need help on this info guys

olex_d

extracts files from ole files (microsoft doc, ppt, mst, msi,..)

xjpg

extracts jpg files from any documents with jpeg signature

:lol::lol: