Universal Extractor

nitro322

How about add support for Zip archives that use the Bzip2 compression method?

7-zip support it (but Info-zip not).

Can you post a link to such a file? I'd be happy to look into it.

Can you post a link to such a file? I'd be happy to look into it.

Using 7-zip (every version since 2003-04-19 - 2.30b30), Select some files, click Add, choose Format: Zip and Method: Bzip2. Almost the same for WinZip 10. Also you can use PKZIP.

If you want a zip file using Store, Deflate, Deflate64 and Bzip2 (Created with KZIP, 7-zip and ZIPMIX): Test File

Edited by ggf31416

Universal Extractor problem

Hi All,

I recently discovered, downloaded and installed Universal Extractor, a very powerful program!

But for the moment, I use the 1.2.1 release and have little problems with it.

When, for example, I try to do some UniExtract operations on the UniExtract121.Exe file whatever the uniextract to option I choose from the contextual menu

all my files end in the {app} directory in the root of the curent drive ...

and with an error !!!

And I am unable to unpack the skypesetup.Exe file which is a normal innosetup package ...

Note : I installed UniExtract from the installer choosing the default options.

Universal Extractor problem

Hi All,

I recently discovered, downloaded and installed Universal Extractor, a very powerful program!

But for the moment, I use the 1.2.1 release and have little problems with it.

When, for example, I try to do some UniExtract operations on the UniExtract121.Exe file whatever the uniextract to option I choose from the contextual menu

all my files end in the {app} directory in the root of the curent drive ...

and with an error !!!

And I am unable to unpack the skypesetup.Exe file which is a normal innosetup package ...

Note : I installed UniExtract from the installer choosing the default options.

A bit more information ...

I found the solution of the uniextract misworking.

It was apparently because my default command processor was not cmd.Exe but 4nt.Exe (from Jp Software available at http://www.jpsoft.com).

So a question :

why does Universal Extractor not work properly when cmd.Exe is not the default command processor (in the comspec variable) ?

Is it because cmd.Exe is hard coded in independant programs uniextract uses to unpack/uncompress files ?

IS there a workaround ?

And unfortunately, I did not succeed in resolving my skypesetup.Exe extraction problem.

Each time I try to do so, here is the error message (from uniextract.txt) I receive :

"; Version detected: 5004

Signature: Inno Setup Setup Data (5.0.4skp)

Error (EOutOfMemory) "Out of memory" at address 004029F4"

Excuse me !!!

I inadvertantly posted questions dedicated to the forum in the "Universal Extractor 1.2 Released" news.

Could it be possible to delete those comments please ?

I found the solution concerning my default command processor issue (it just needs some tweaking).

About skypesetup.exe no more news.

Apparently this setup package is a signed one and I wondered if it is not the cause of the unpack problem ...

Even in command line with the innosetup unpacker I have the same result ...

Another False Positive: Now Antivir detects IsXunpack.exe as "TR/Crypt.F.Gen"

Complete scanning result of "IsXunpack.exe", received in VirusTotal at 07.03.2006, 05:47:55 (CET).

AntiVir TR/Crypt.F.Gen

CAT-QuickHeal (Suspicious) - DNAScan

Fortinet suspicious

Panda Suspicious file

The other 22 antivirus no virus found

For comparison purposes a file compressed with Upack...

Complete scanning result of "7zSD.upack", received in VirusTotal at 07.03.2006, 05:52:33 (CET).

CAT-QuickHeal (Suspicious) - DNAScan

Fortinet suspicious

...and a file compressed with UPX

Complete scanning result of "7z.upx", received in VirusTotal at 07.03.2006, 05:54:38 (CET).

Panda Suspicious file

For some reason the Antivir team think that IsXunpack.exe is a real virus

http://portablefreeware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=976

Edited by ggf31416

Yeah and the worst thing is I am warned about it after every reboot. Getting annoying. Just wish they would fix their **** detections.

What's antivirus are you using?

If you are using AntiVir you can exclude files from the Resident Guard:

Extras -> Configuration -> Guard (Expert Mode must be enabled) -> Scan -> Click the + -> Exception -> Files objects to be omitted for the Guard

Using 7-zip (every version since 2003-04-19 - 2.30b30), Select some files, click Add, choose Format: Zip and Method: Bzip2. Almost the same for WinZip 10. Also you can use PKZIP.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I found the solution concerning my default command processor issue (it just needs some tweaking).

clauderenaud, I saw your post about this on my website as well. Could you please post the tweaks you made? If possible I'd like to include support for this by default.

About skypesetup.exe no more news.

Apparently this setup package is a signed one and I wondered if it is not the cause of the unpack problem ...

Even in command line with the innosetup unpacker I have the same result ...

I still have yet to investigate this. If you already tried via command line, then it very probably can't be done. I've seen a few Inno Setup installers like this, and unfortunately I have yet to discover a workaround.

Hello, your tool is just great! The WISE unpacking is true maestry! I have one simple suggestion:

You could add a /E [location] console switch for unknown setup files (for example McAfee one) to extract file; see for yourself here (definitions file: http://download.mcafee.com/us/updates/superDat.asp?real=0).

medzik, are you talking about being able to specify the destination directory for extracted files from the command line? That capability is already supported. Run 'uniextract.exe /help' for information about command line usage.

I like Universal Extractor very much.

I produced a simplified Chinese version, and I hope it can be the Official Simplified Chinese version ^o^

Clippit, this is very cool. I have no problem with this port, and will link to it during my next update. I have a couple questions/requests, though.

First, for everyone else's sake I'd like to list the URL for the port. Clippit sent this to me via PM, which is why no one else saw it.

http://zlthooray.googlepages.com/universal...lp:introduction

Specifically for Clippit: are the first three links on the download page for the original/unmodified version? If so, would you mind redirecting them to point to the my copy of the binaries rather than hosting your own? This way the links will automatically point to any updates I release, and I'm also able to keep track of download statistics.

For everyone else: it looks like Clippit made this port by modifying the source code and recompiling. That's a very effective way to do it, but obviously rather time-consuming. If there's interest in creating ports to other languages, I can try to build a translation framework into the next version. I only speak English myself, so any translations would have to come from volunteers, but if there's sufficient interest in this I'll be more than happy to add it to the next release. Please let me know.

Clippit, this is very cool. I have no problem with this port, and will link to it during my next update. I have a couple questions/requests, though.

First, for everyone else's sake I'd like to list the URL for the port. Clippit sent this to me via PM, which is why no one else saw it.

http://zlthooray.googlepages.com/universal...lp:introduction

Specifically for Clippit: are the first three links on the download page for the original/unmodified version? If so, would you mind redirecting them to point to the my copy of the binaries rather than hosting your own? This way the links will automatically point to any updates I release, and I'm also able to keep track of download statistics.

For everyone else: it looks like Clippit made this port by modifying the source code and recompiling. That's a very effective way to do it, but obviously rather time-consuming. If there's interest in creating ports to other languages, I can try to build a translation framework into the next version. I only speak English myself, so any translations would have to come from volunteers, but if there's sufficient interest in this I'll be more than happy to add it to the next release. Please let me know.

Im sorry~~The links have been point to your copy of the binaries

BTW, Google pages is not so good. It said "The bandwidth limit for this site has been exceeded. "while I was downloading the files!! :realmad:

Has anyone on this board ever dealt with reporting false positives to virus companies? I know I'm a bit late in tackling this, but I'd like to essentially submit copies of the binaries that have been reported as infected with a virus to the major virus companies so that they can (hopefully) validate them and fix their definitions. My time is still rather limited at the moment, though, so I was wondering if there was any fast/easy way to do this, rather than looking up contact info for one company at a time.

Any suggestions or previous experience with this topic? Thanks.