Universal Extractor

nitro322

Just one request,

I mainly use portable apps on an USB key so I do not install your app and don't have context menu.

So is it possible for you to allow drag an drop of file to extract in your extraction window in addition?

Hi, XPect.

I'm currently working on an update, and I'll add this to my list of possible features. I'm not sure at this time if it'll be possible, but I'll certainly look into it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have a request for anyone reading this. I've added support for .iso files to the next version of Universal Extractor. I'd also like to add support for bin/cue images. Of course, extracting from these requires first converting to .iso.

I know of several programs that can do this under Windows, but there are two criteria that must be met: A) freely redistributable, and B) supports command line arguments for extraction. So far I've only been able to find one program that can do this: bin2iso. However, it won't convert my test .bin file (which I've verified is valid by converting with another GUI app).

Does anyone else know of a program that can do this, and meets the two above requirements? Thanks.

Edited by nitro322

Hello Nitro,

I don't know if this will help but Bin2Iso is based on the cue file, if you only have the bin, you must 1st recreate the cue or it won't work.

I've done a quick serch, but I haven't find other prog that allow command line.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I figured out the problem. There's a bit of a story involved, but the summary is that I had compiled it with the stable version of AutoIt rather than the beta version. As of UniExtract 1.1, the beta version is required.

I've recompiled, retested, and reuploaded. Everything should work correctly now. Please let me know if you have any other issues.

Thanks.

Seems that sometimes it has difficulties to recognize the archive format. If you take for example the original Trialversion for winzip 10 - a zipexe archive - UniversalExtracter responds with a message:

winzip100.exe cannot be extracted.

Filetype returned was: Nothing found [Overlay]

If you try to extract it with Winrar or 7-zip there are no problems. This problem existed since the first version of Universalextractor

Saluti