Case Fams

KamiQuazi

Im about to buy a Antec P180 and I want to replace the stock 120mm case fans with after markets and I was wondering if there are any recommendations for the application? I want fans that the airflow is over 75cfm...

Thanks in advance,

LICS2k7

:thumbup

Here is a link to the case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811129154

Silverstone, Delta and Vantec makes fans that are capble of pushing 70+ CFM. The question: Is noise a concern for you? While the aforementioned fan can move the required amount of air, they are loud. Having 1 or 2 alone is capable of making your computer sound like a vacuum cleaner.

Antec makes good fans in their cases! I have a midtower and the 120mm I can barely hear even with my ear an inch from it! And it blows something powerful! I don't understand why you would change from a powerful & quiet fan... The P180 has 3 of them for terrific airflow... That's the case I am getting.

hey buddy, you getting jealous about my case? i love it sooo much.

right now i have a crappy antec fan on my scythe ninja b/c i can only fit a normal width fan on it.

then for the case fans i have 3 panaflo high speeds :)

the case isnt suppose to hold these massive widthed fans but i made them fit. the only one that i really had problems with was the front one. you wont be able to but the hdd cage in there, you will have to use the lower chamber hdd cage for you hdds. but once you have the middle hdd cage removed, you need to unscrew the top black plate which is meant to hold in the hdd cage. once thats done you can get the fan it. this took me like an hour to figure out after trying to force the fan it, but its vry worth it.

I was and I have a big hole in my case from when i decided to mod it with my fist... i link my dangling power button... that was real crafty of me... lol... anyways... it looks like a bad a** case and i need a new one so... i figured... i was really wanting to use the upper hdd chamber since i don;t have a sata drive yet.... ....pata cables don;t reach the long so... that sucks... ok... if i changed out 2 of the 3 <top and back> what would u recommend?

Could u link me too the panaflo that u used?

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=81800

Cooling System:
- 1 rear 120mm Tricool fan (standard) with 3-speed control to balance quiet with cooling
- 1 top (standard) 120mm TriCool Fan
- 1 lower chamber (standard) 120mm x 38mm (thick) TriCool Fan
- Antec Quiet Computing Air Duct for better, quiet cooling of the graphics card
- 1 front (optional) 120mm fan
- 1 80mm fan (optional) for graphics cards

So if i read that right i can have up to 5 fans? yes or no....

Thanks

4 fans. 1 front, 1 top, 1 back, and 1 in the lower chaper by the psu.

but the one in the bottm chamber will need to be removed if ur using a long psu such as the ocz powerstream.

the 80mm for the vid card i just plain old took out. no one uses it and it is in the way, it practiaclly covers the whole mobo. i wouldnt even be able to put it on with the size of my heatsink.

you do get 3 fans with teh case but im only using 1 b/c the panaflos are so much better

Edited by ripken204