Making Unattended Intermediate CD Clarrification

Hello everyone,

I want to make an Intermediate CD now and have some more questions. I want to make sure I have an understanding of what is going on. This is what I think is going on so far.

The Windows installer knows there is a $OEM$ folder based on the answer on the winnt.isf file

The content of the subfolders of the $OEM$ folder will copy to the HDD based on where I designated it on the $OEM$ folder tree i.e.

1$ represents Root or C:\

$$ represents Windows or C:\Windows

The Windows CD looks for the cmdlines.txt during T-12 of setup and triggers the commands listed in it.

The commands in the cmdlines.txt execute the .cmd and .bat scripts on the Windows CD

The batch scripts reference files copied over from the $OEM$ folder to the root and install apps, copy over drivers, make registry changes, and so on.

Am I correct so far in what I understand? I do not want to start additional threads so I will keep adding to this one as I am stumped.

Edit: If I go with the [GuiRunOnce] batch files, when do they execute?

Edited by harryhoudini66

The Windows installer knows there is a $OEM$ folder based on the answer on the winnt.isf file
OEM path specified in the answer file won't work for the CD/DVD based installations. The $OEM$ folder must be located in the root of the CD (or to be exact on the same level with i386).
If I go with the [GuiRunOnce] batch files, when do they execute?
When the first log on occurs. The batch files are typically copied to HDD via the OEM folders. Edited by VAD

Thanks, for the response. I do have the $OEM$ folder on the same level as i386. So does the Windows Installer know to look for this folder automatically since it has nothing to do with the winnt.sif?

I did one weird thing with my CD that kind of complicated things. I used nLite to slipstream the hot fixes in the RVMUpdatePack2.01.cab file to my CD. I am making the svpack.inf so I can install Windows Media Player 10. I looked at the SVPACK folder and see all the hotfixes there from the RVM cab file. However, I cannot find the current svpack.inf, which I am supposed to replace. I am afraid that by making a svpack.inf, I will jack up something with the hot fixes slipstreamed through nLite. Can I have WMP10 install through the cmdlines.txt or the [GuiRunOnce]?

Edited by harryhoudini66

Hello everybody,

I am once again stuck. I want to install some apps and cannot get my RunOnceEx.cmd to work. I am not going to lie to you though. I have no idea what I am doing. I looked at the examples and still screwed up.

I have the programs copy over to C:\Install just fine. The Installing Box from RunOnce came up too, but the apps do not install.

Here is what I want to install:

Adobe Reader 7

AdAware Pro

DVDShrink

Nero Ultra 6.0.16

NOD32

Office 2003 SP2

PowerDVD6

Quicktime Alternative

Real Alternative

I went as far as to rename each installer using two letters to help minimize user error:

ar.exe

aa.exe

ds.exe

nu.exe

no.exe

setup.exe

pd.exe

qa.exe

ra.exe

Can someone provide me with some guidance on how it is supposed to look? I even tried the RunOnceEx Creator and screwed things up. It is very intuitive but has some sections that ask if Extract and Extra Command 1 and so on. Any help you can provide is appreciated

Edit: Here is what I made with the RunOnceEx Creator:

cmdow @ /HID

@Echo Off

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\win51ip.SP2 SET CDROM=%%i:

SET PP=%cdrom%\Install\

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Programs" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "Ad-Aware Pro" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%PP%aa.exe /S" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 2 /D "taskkill /IM Adaware.exe /F" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 3 /D "taskkill /IM hh.exe /F" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 4 /D "taskkill /IM Ad-Aware.exe /F" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Microsoft Office 2003 Professional" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%PP%setup.exe TRANSFORMS=office11.MST /qb-" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "Real Alternative" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%PP%ra.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\003 /VE /D "QuickTime Alternative" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\003 /V 1 /D "%PP%qa.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /VE /D "Acrobat Reader 7.0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /V 1 /D "%PP%ar.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\""" /f

EXIT

Edited by harryhoudini66

I got Ad Aware, Ad Watch, Nero Ultra 6.6.0.16, Google Toolbar to install fine. RunOnceEx Creator is awesome!

I am still having problems installing Office 2003 Pro, NOD32 and Power DVD.

Anyone have suggestions for me on how I need to make the syntax look? Any help you have is appreciated. I don’t want to start another thread specifically for this.

Edited by harryhoudini66